Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

@oztsvi wrote:

i had the same problem, i called they said i have to apply in person at a best buy store.

and i have to wait 90 days if i want to apply again.

ok...thanks for the info. Will just wait then.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 11 of 15
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

It sounds to me like they just want to verify some things. I would call them and ask for the status they may just get out of the way what they need to verify when you call them.

+1

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@oztsvi wrote:

i had the same problem, i called they said i have to apply in person at a best buy store.

and i have to wait 90 days if i want to apply again.

Did they remove the HP?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Gpt a question and maybe someone can enlighten me on how to proceed. I had applied for a Best Buy Credit card about 3 week ago online cuz wanted to purchase an ipad and laptop. Unfortunately my app was declined due to "unable to positively verify identity". They HP EQ but havent received letter or anything. I was doing some research on others who have had the same reason and noticed it is a big headache to try to recon with them. Some people have had they reports pulled multiple times cuz of this. Should i even bother to call at all and plead my case? or just leave it alone and apply later down the road when i am at the store or when Citi takes over. Im in a serious gardening journey right now and dont want anymore HPs on my reports. Anyone had any success getting their application approved after same reason for being denied?

I have posted several times;  if someone wants to be more likely to get approved for a store type card, to apply IN THE STORE.   The issue of identity is unlikely to be the reason they're declined, almost is never the reason if done that way.  

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 15
oztsvi
New Contributor

no they did not remove it.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.