cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Citi Questions

tag
vlad84

Re: Best Buy Citi Questions

This concerns me as well. I received the following notice from Equifax Credit Watch on 9/18 - "Comments on your account changed from Charge , Amount in H/C column is credit limit to Account transferred or sold , Charge , Amount in H/C column is credit limit , Trsf/Sold" My CL on that TL was $4800 (with no balance) and now my utilization % is higher. I don't have a new TL from Citi yet, but really don't know what is going to happen. Surely the people at the credit bureaus are smart enough to not lower someone's score because of simple account sales / transfers between banks like this one?
Message 11 of 33
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@vlad84 wrote:
This concerns me as well. I received the following notice from Equifax Credit Watch on 9/18 - "Comments on your account changed from Charge , Amount in H/C column is credit limit to Account transferred or sold , Charge , Amount in H/C column is credit limit , Trsf/Sold" My CL on that TL was $4800 (with no balance) and now my utilization % is higher. I don't have a new TL from Citi yet, but really don't know what is going to happen. Surely the people at the credit bureaus are smart enough to not lower someone's score because of simple account sales / transfers between banks like this one?

Does your high UTIL reflect exactly $4800 CL-less?

do you have a CMS to read your reports? 

Message 12 of 33
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Hey guys I just bought a TV on my BB Citi card, plan to pay it off in about two months. Should I go ahead and close my account before the new TL opens? I really don't want the TL ding and AAoA killer for no good reason!

Message 13 of 33
vlad84

Yes it does. I have a one year free subscription to Equifax Credit Watch which enables me to pull my credit report (but not score) as many times as I want within a year for free. An insurance company I had applied with had their IT systems compromised and gave all of their applicants the free Equifax product as a precaution in case some of our personal information had been stolen.
Message 14 of 33
navyox
Regular Contributor

Bump - Is there anyway we can sticky this temporarily?

What is the consensus, are most people cancelling?

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 15 of 33
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I jsut closed mine the other day. My DW asked for a CLI in case we needed to buy all new appliances after our home sells. I dont like using more than 50% of the CL so I requested $9K which was a $5,700 CLI. I knew I wouldnt get it all but tried anyways. Anyways, they approved her (I did all the work since my DW is not involved in the credit world like I am) for $4K which was a $700 CLI. I said no thanks and closed the account. I do not need a card I never use to put a new TL on my or my DW's CR.

I do not regret it at all. I just hope I caught it in time

Message 16 of 33
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:

Hey guys I just bought a TV on my BB Citi card, plan to pay it off in about two months. Should I go ahead and close my account before the new TL opens? I really don't want the TL ding and AAoA killer for no good reason!

Too late. Once you activate the card it's too late. Best to just keep it and use the full promo. For the future remember that once you activate a credit card it's going to report to the credit agencies.

Message 17 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This is not always the case. Some lenders report before the card actually arrives, BoA, Barclays and GE cards.
Message 18 of 33
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Still no new TL for Citi, despite it should have reported for me a few days ago.

I'm pretty sure it will have the backdated TL date (the date of the Cap1 BB open.) Which still sucks for me, as it is way below my AAoA. If they report a new date I will call to complain and if it doesn't work I will dispute. If I am going to have a new TL it is not going to be a chitty $500 BB card.

It is too late to cancel and make it go away. It is still going to report this latest month. All you will get is a closed TL report with 1 month activity. Might as well keep it open.

Message 19 of 33
HIzzie

I sent a secured email and asked

"Hi,
With the new acquisition of the Best Buy cards, will you be
backdating the TL to when I first opened the account?"

Response:

"Yes, all account history and information was transferred to Citibank. Once your
first statement with Citi is processed the credit bureaus will receive updated
information and will show the account under Citi.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.