but Approved Sears MC.

I don't get it but the 3 inq hurt. oh well 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best Buy MC Declined

Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad

I hope you don't mind my asking, but since you've posted that you're doing a pretty massive debt snowballing, why app for mediocre CC's? It seems like soon your existing good cards will start being PIF'd. It looks a bit risky from outside that you're out acquiring cards again after admittedly having some big problems, per your siggy and other posts.

Again, hope you don't mind me posting this --it's a bit scary reading about this newest wave of apping, I have to say.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

your totally right!

However a good portion of my good cards are also joint cards, which as I clean them up I might be able to remove joint account, but I wanted to also build a card on my own and I was doing that with Cabelas and then they closed it, then I was doing that with Bank of America, so I closed all my mediocre cards like Credit one etc. and then they closed it too, so really I was left with nothing for an every day use card.  I'm trying to use cash for most of my day to day anyway now since I am in the middle of a debt snowball, but I still have not completely let go of the safety feeling that a piece of plastic brings me! lol

Message 3 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, OK, that makes sense then. Those joint accounts can cause all sorts of unexpected complications on down the road, that's for sure.

We had a joint gas card waaay back in the day, but otherwise, everything's separate with one AU card. As it is, I make sure DH's cards get paid, so it's almost like being joint in a way. Smiley Tongue (DH is allergic to online anything, and our mailbox isn't secure, so I'm the online money manager.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The joint accounts when not maxed out help both me and whoever the joint is on the account because they are so huge like USbank, CL $22,500!!

so it's frustrating to get Sears MC $300!!! 

Message 5 of 25
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

-My BK is from 2004, my EQ score is 703, applied in-store and was denied, they didn't even offer me that god-awful Gold RZMC with the low CL and AF!

This is my second AND LAST attempt at getting this card.

NEXT!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 6 of 25
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Anyway, here's a tidbit from another forum:

"There is no such thing as a BBRZ pre-approval anymore. I wouldn't app it blindly either as I am SEEING A LOT OF DENIALS post-removing-of-preapproval-link."

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 7 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear that. BestBuy Card is waste any way. They start you with $300 CL and $59 AF. Why even bother with it?

Message 8 of 25
mross1080
Established Contributor

I got a 300 limit for no AF! Still a crappy card and I hate myself for apping for it.

Message 9 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

I got a 300 limit for no AF! Still a crappy card and I hate myself for apping for it.

+1

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.