cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MasterCard is now the "Prime" Card?!

tag
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy MasterCard is now the "Prime" Card?!

@NJTurnpike wrote:

I wonder if GE is backing the private label card.

No Capital one is.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 11 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Best Buy RZMC Platinum with No AF 17.99% has been prime for years.  Not too many people get approved for the card.  

Ron.

I had about the same usual "great" customer service as usual from Household and Capital One!"

She gave me the script of "The economy does not allow Capital One to offer lower rates than 22.99% on my account"

UMM... The economy is currently offering 17.99% on new accounts!

I think they meant it is the best rate for your card. By the way, they read from the script.

Ron.

Message 12 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I would want the MC Platinum version! But not everyone gets it Smiley Sad

Yes, it is. I got lucky. I was able to get approved for the card.  I hope they're not going to close my BB RZMC Platinum when they truned into Citi. I would want to keep both of my store card and RZMC Platinum.

Ron.

Message 13 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Been that way for a few years and they began publicly outlining the process since last summer or fall. I think the consideration matrix is Platinum RZMC, Gold RZMC $0 AF, Private Label A/B then Gold RZMC AF edition.

I have had the Gold No AF MC and I would not call it anything prime!

The only thing prime about it when I got it was the $0 AF, it was a new thing they had just did then, but that was still when it was HSBC and it was the sub-prime product.

I have not heard of anyone getting upgraded out of store to MC so I'm unclear of how they are changing what I call mind set of the Rewards Zone MasterCard from Best Buy NOT being prime except the few acceptions I have seen on here with $10k+ lines.

Foot in mouth... OMG you have a $25k limit but FURTHER MORE you have a $40k limit with Discover?!???

That's like urban myth! TELL ME EVERYTHING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!

How long have you had?

Financial review at some point or just long long history to get you there?

requests mostly or auto mostly?

My Discover is just two years old, and I explain how on another thread if you want to read about it lol Yeah I was going to just ask for $25k but even that required dox and verification of employment and income, so I decided to reach for the stars Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the BB store card back in Feb with no AF and a CL of $2500. I wonder if my history with Orchard and the Cap1 Cash Rewards card helped.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.