Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Rejection

tag
Dream850
Established Member

Re: Best Buy Rejection

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Yes it affects your UTIL but I'm not worried about it as I just bought a house, leased a car, and got approved for two more cards so I'm gardening. I won't stretch out the payments to 24 months but I'm not PIFing either as once I do, I'm obligated to charge something else to keep it open in 6 months and I won't need anything from BB in the next 6 months. I PIF all my other cards monthly.

Obligated to buy in next 6 months? I must have missed that in the fine print. ugh

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 48
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yes if you pay it down to zero and don't use for 6-12 months, you're at risk for account closure due to inactivity.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 42 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

just curious though. what good is a best buy card if the items in their stores are so overpriced?

online retailers, and even some brick and mortar stores like fry's, microcenter and paul's tv, sell most of the same electronics for a much cheaper price.

I understand best buy is price matching online prices now. I tried it once, and the process is just so frustrating.

The associate was unwilling, confused, and kept having to get a manager to override. If I didn't need the item right away I would have just save the gas, time and frustration and bought it online.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 43 of 48
Dream850
Established Member

@enharu wrote:

just curious though. what good is a best buy card if the items in their stores are so overpriced?

online retailers, and even some brick and mortar stores like fry's, microcenter and paul's tv, sell most of the same electronics for a much cheaper price.

I understand best buy is price matching online prices now. I tried it once, and the process is just so frustrating.

The associate was unwilling, confused, and kept having to get a manager to override. If I didn't need the item right away I would have just save the gas, time and frustration and bought it online.

Ah for the joy of instant gratification. Smiley Very Happy Sometimes I just can't wait for the shipping.

Personally, I've never found price-matching to be a hassle.. they've been very nice.

TIP:  Their online prices can be lower that in-store.. so I buy online with in-store pickup. 

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 48
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I like that they have delivery AND installation along with instore warranties. When something has broken in the past, there were no questions asked and I got a brand new item with the option to purchase another warranty.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 45 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

amazon and most other retailers will do installation too though! And sometimes for free as well.

For amazon i think its certain TVs (expensive ones usually) or those with sizes >47 inches.

As for warranties, I would use amex (if I have one) or any card that has extended warranty protection. If I really need to buy one, squaretrade seems to be better than what best buy offers in terms of pricing. Also only takes a few days at most to get reimbursed/repaired. Best part of it all for me is that I don't have to haul a 50 inch TV (or some heavy electronics) to the store, if Best buy doesnt do free home visits (not sure about their policy).

The best part, is of course, instant gratification. Can't beat that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 46 of 48
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

WOW!!! I didn't ever realize this negativity towards the BB Card lol

The RZMC is not even offered currently.

I am mad that we keep switching the backer of our cards..

Anyone have specific questions about it, I've got the answers at work

As for this Best Buy business issue....

Best Buy's Perfect Price Promise GUARANTEES that we will price match reputiable online retailers (this includes Amazon!!!!!!) but not their 3rd party sources.

So ALWAYS ask for a price match if you find it lower..

(if you're in Texas I know this real great place near Houston...)

$149 up is 6 Mo  / 0 % APR

$269 up is 12 Mo/ 0%APR (not active right now)

$429 up is 18 Mo/0%APR

$599 up is 24 Mo/ 0% APR (Home Theater)

roughly also it changes every few months.

The BB Geek Squad Protection covers much more than the Amazon BS..

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 47 of 48
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

amazon and most other retailers will do installation too though! And sometimes for free as well.

For amazon i think its certain TVs (expensive ones usually) or those with sizes >47 inches.

As for warranties, I would use amex (if I have one) or any card that has extended warranty protection. If I really need to buy one, squaretrade seems to be better than what best buy offers in terms of pricing. Also only takes a few days at most to get reimbursed/repaired. Best part of it all for me is that I don't have to haul a 50 inch TV (or some heavy electronics) to the store, if Best buy doesnt do free home visits (not sure about their policy).

The best part, is of course, instant gratification. Can't beat that.

Also, 429 and up in Appliances is Free Install and delivery other than dishwashers and gas install

Home Theater there is free delivery 42 and up; although Geek Squad Installation for more difficult process is 169 + charges for extras (mounting, wiring, etc.)

Best Buy does do free home visits with GSP and or if it is within return period for larger TVs

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.