Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

I just noticed the Discover Zip site lists Best Buy: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/account/zip/?gcmpgn=0311_ZZ_srch_gsan_txt_1

As you probably know when trying to use a contactless card at Best Buy you just get the error message "contactless not being accepted" - Best Buy has had contactless payment for about three years now (Dispute with Visa over fees). 

Did Best Buy resume accepting contactless, or do they take Discover Contactless (but not Visa/MC), or is that just old info on their website?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
stone
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

how to get discover zip? call them?

Message 2 of 8
nick125
Valued Member

@stone wrote:

how to get discover zip? call them?

Yep. They'll send you either an RFID-enabled card or an RFID-enabled "sticker" that you can attach to something (like your cell phone). 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 3 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i was in there today but i dont have a zip. 

ive seen this in many stores in the mall but noone seems to know how it works. 

does anyone know of any other cards having contactless payment? i guess. 

i know its big in the uk not so much in the us. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 8
nick125
Valued Member

@creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 5 of 8
nyancat
Established Contributor

I use the Google Wallet app all the time. McDonald's is used to it now - even a few months ago it got weird looks. Home Depot still gets weird looks. Right now I'm in a dispute with Capital One - a refund at Home Depot (Google Wallet purchase) didn't get credited to my account. UGH. Small amount thankfully, Capital One temporarily credited me immediately - hopefully it works out in my favor.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 6 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nick125 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

I get that sometimes. Cashier looking at me like I'm an idiot because I am holding my wallet up to the reader. Just waiting for them to tell me I have to swipe a card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

secured message chase last night. 

lets see what they say about blink. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.