Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard

I am wondering if anyone has this and any information you can tell me about it.  It said congratulations!  Your Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard and account will be mailed in 7 to 14 days.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard

Congrats!  If its your starter card, it can help build your credit.  Hope you got decent CL.  They normally do not give CLI.  Use it, pay it on time, and it will help you get other cards.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am confused is this the store card (which I hear is better?) or is the regular credit card?  Also, it did not give me a CL should I call them and find out?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MasterCard is a credit card.  And yes, you can call and ask them what the limit is on it.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!  If its your starter card, it can help build your credit.  Hope you got decent CL.  They normally do not give CLI.  Use it, pay it on time, and it will help you get other cards.

No kidding they are hard to get CLI. My husband and I both have one and in the 3 years we have had them. I got one $250 increase and my husband none.

Message 5 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I've had this card for about a year and a half.  Two CLI's and it's still only $1,250.  It was a great rebuilding card because there's no AF.  But, since there's no cost involved I just sock drawered it and only use it for a small purchase every three or four months to keep it open.

It will show on your CR as a Department Store National Bank (DNSB) card.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

itsmeagain,

The BB Mastercard is issued by HSBC (yuck!).  Perhaps the store card is issued by DNSB (not so yuck!)  Unless they've changed their policy, the Mastercard does have an AF

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 05-27-2009 12:52 PM
Message 7 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

itsmeagain,

The BB Mastercard is issued by HSBC (yuck!).  Perhaps the store card is issued by DNSB (not so yuck!)  Unless they've changed their policy, the Mastercard does have an AF

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 05-27-2009 12:52 PM

My Bad!! . . . It's my Macys Visa that's issued by DNSB.  My apologizes to the OP.

However, the BB/MC has never had an AF.  I wouldn't keep it if there was a fee.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to customer service and they said the CL is $300 with $59 fee.  They said they could cut the fee in half but could not raise the limit.  I already have a mastercard from them at $300 and a Capitol One at $500.  Now because they hard inquiried me should I take this or deny it?
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my BB/RZ MC since 11/2006. Never a CLI and original CL is $300. Do not remember an AF offhand otherwise I would close it. Mine is HSBC.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.