Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Gold Mastercard

I have one with a cl of $500, I use it for everyday expenses and racked up enogh points for a $50 voucher in 8mths on my to the next one (I wont request one untill I reach the max). There is no apr on mine, I dont know about the af.
Message 11 of 15
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Got mine in 9/08. 300 cl originally, bumped up to 450 @ activation + received an auto cli to 650 on the 2nd stmt. No clis since then, but the cc’s not even 1 yr old, so I wasn’t expecting any.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new card =)

BB MC is different than the store card. Since you didn't qualify for their Plan A or Plan B store card they offered you the HSBC BB MC. This is similar to other unsecured HSBC/Orchard unsecured MC's. It will serve it's purpose as a rebuilder card but you have better options than this. I would reccoment getting a Macy's store card and declining this offer. It is an unecessary AF you will have to pay in addition to your other cards. Macy's has a mor generous CLI and no AF which makes for a better rebuilder card than this since you already have 2 CC's. 1 More inquiry won't kill you if your rebuilding at this point.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it hard to get a Macys card?  I have like six inquiries now.
Message 14 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the new card =)

BB MC is different than the store card. Since you didn't qualify for their Plan A or Plan B store card they offered you the HSBC BB MC. This is similar to other unsecured HSBC/Orchard unsecured MC's. It will serve it's purpose as a rebuilder card but you have better options than this. I would reccoment getting a Macy's store card and declining this offer. It is an unecessary AF you will have to pay in addition to your other cards. Macy's has a mor generous CLI and no AF which makes for a better rebuilder card than this since you already have 2 CC's. 1 More inquiry won't kill you if your rebuilding at this point.

It's really a question of values whether to keep the card or not.  I would ask myself if the $2.46/mo. fee is worth it to keep the trade line.  If it will significantly improve your total credit lines, it may be worth it to you.  After all, it is a MC and can be used anywhere they are accepted.

However, I agree with rabdier.  Macys is a great score builder.  They offer both the store and Visa.  You can request CLI's every 90 days and expect to see them grow.  If you have a Macys near you, it's also nice for the good savings and discounts.

Hope this helps

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.