cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone MC / HSBC Reporting Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Reward Zone MC / HSBC Reporting Change?

Hey guys,

It appears how HSBC is now reporting to the CA has changed.  For the past 4-5 years I've had this card, they've always reported on the final day of the month.  Now it seems they are reporting on the statement date as I was dinged with having a small balance on my card.

Sorry if this was a repost.  Although it only knocked my score down 2 points, I'm on the borderline for hitting my mark of 760 prior to applying for a mortgage in the next few months.  Could have picked a better time for this to change over. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone MC / HSBC Reporting Change?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

It appears how HSBC is now reporting to the CA has changed.  For the past 4-5 years I've had this card, they've always reported on the final day of the month Now it seems they are reporting on the statement date as I was dinged with having a small balance on my card.

Sorry if this was a repost.  Although it only knocked my score down 2 points, I'm on the borderline for hitting my mark of 760 prior to applying for a mortgage in the next few months.  Could have picked a better time for this to change over. Smiley Happy

Bump!    To all of HSBC card holders ... have you noticed anything like this?

Are you talking about this thread?

@Anonymous wrote:

So, as of now this card has been my primary card for a little over the past 3 years (opened in September 2007).  My balance started at $750, migrated to $1250 and finally at it's current level of $1800.  My issue is I need to pay this card off between 2 and 4 times per month so at the end of the month, it's not reporting full utilization.

My current gross income is roughly $7600 / month with only $550 in total payments due showing on my report.  Do I have a valid arguement for a credit line increase or should I perhaps move to applying for an AMEX card?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.