Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

HSBC won't combine your Orchard Card and BB MC-One is their bank card and one is a "partner" card.  They won't even combine 2 HSBC cards or an HSBC card and an Orchard card.  I tried in january and received a letter that they are no longer doing that.

Message 71 of 112
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@blacklotus wrote:

UPDATE: Still no card.  But as per my previous post I received a cardboard "look-alike" without my name on it for a better APR than the card I was actually approved for yesterday- only problem being in order to activate it I would have to close the card I haven't received yet.

Well today I received a nice big envelope for "Account Shield Plus" with some very convoluted language in both English and Spanish that I saved because I guess I basically need to cancel this "service" during my two month trial period or pay a "fee" of which is not disclosed to me- maybe I didn't read far enough.  But basically for $1.39 per $100 I can cancel 10% of an "eligible balance" if something "bad" happens to me.  Bad meaning I die or, heavens forbid, become unemployed- (didn't mention anything about underemployment though?).  BTW anyone have thoughts on this- is it worth it?

Anyways I can tell right off the bat that HSBC is very environmentally friendly as the disclosure was "printed on recycled paper".  I'm not sure how environmentally friendly Best Buy is though...

Actually some BBY store try to be environmentally friendly....I work at one lol, we do recycling and so forth.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 72 of 112
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Is it common that your cash advance amount is a limit below the credit limit? This is just strange. My wife was approved for one yerserday, I set teh account up and there is an indicator of the "cash limit" and "cash available" are both at $125.00 for a $500.00 limit. That seems just odd.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 73 of 112
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Pushto700 wrote:

Is it common that your cash advance amount is a limit below the credit limit? This is just strange. My wife was approved for one yerserday, I set teh account up and there is an indicator of the "cash limit" and "cash available" are both at $125.00 for a $500.00 limit. That seems just odd.  

This is the case with all my credit cards.

Message 74 of 112
okiesean
New Contributor

Very few companies allow you to access your entire credit line thru a cash advance. MBNA used to be the best one about it and now I think BofA will allow it. I know Chase has a set limit as to how much of your credit line can be advanced via Cash Advances. Most banks have a set limit say 10 to 25% of the entire credit line that can be advanced thru cash advances or access checks.

Message 75 of 112
somkey10
Contributor

I applied for the BB MC gold and got approved for the one with no annual fee, but only a $100 CL.

It is however, my first CC approval in 10 yrs, so it's a start, as I have no revolving accts.

I applied on 3/24 and recieved it today 3/30

Here's the rub: I applied online for BB MC and an Orchard CC on the same day.  BB MC was first. When I applied for the Orchard Card shortly after, I was denied due to just getting approved from them for the BB Card.  They did 2 hard pulls in one day (3/24) from EQ

I'm wondering if the 2 hard pulls on EQ on same day from same Bank will count as 2 or only be looked at as 1.

On a side note, just in case anyone was wondering what Cap One pulls

I also applied for a Cap One Card on the same and got a letter stating that they found a current address in one of my CR 's that didn't match the others, thus the letter to make sure I'm not a victim of Identity theft. Said to call if I did not apply but to disregard if I did. Hard Pull from EX & EQ. and probably from TU as I know it's TU that the current address doesn't match.

So far, Fico score has not changed on EQ & TU from Inquiries. EX is unknown

6/09: 550's
MyFico Start date 3/10: EQ:632 - TU:655
2/11: EQ:678 - TU:707
5/11 EQ:715- TU:724

Message 76 of 112
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Lel wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

This is the case with all my credit cards.

Thats odd. BOTH of my credit cards (including Orchard HSBC and my CU CC) allow the cash advance feature (w/d from ATM's, etc) up to the entire limit ($300 for Orchard & $1000 for my CU CC).

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 77 of 112
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@somkey10 wrote:

I applied for the BB MC gold and got approved for the one with no annual fee, but only a $100 CL.

It is however, my first CC approval in 10 yrs, so it's a start, as I have no revolving accts.

I applied on 3/24 and recieved it today 3/30

Here's the rub: I applied online for BB MC and an Orchard CC on the same day.  BB MC was first. When I applied for the Orchard Card shortly after, I was denied due to just getting approved from them for the BB Card.  They did 2 hard pulls in one day (3/24) from EQ

I'm wondering if the 2 hard pulls on EQ on same day from same Bank will count as 2 or only be looked at as 1.

On a side note, just in case anyone was wondering what Cap One pulls

I also applied for a Cap One Card on the same and got a letter stating that they found a current address in one of my CR 's that didn't match the others, thus the letter to make sure I'm not a victim of Identity theft. Said to call if I did not apply but to disregard if I did. Hard Pull from EX & EQ. and probably from TU as I know it's TU that the current address doesn't match.

So far, Fico score has not changed on EQ & TU from Inquiries. EX is unknown

@I am wondering if this is the reason (already having one Orchard HSBC prduct @ $300 limit, where I can and have advanced the entire limit ) for the small cash advance option ($125.00) of the $500.00 limit for the BB Reward Zone MC.

Message 78 of 112
tono

I have a RZ GOLD MC, that I applied for exactly 1 year ago:

- they gave me a 300 CL and a 59 AF, (when activated they took 50% off and raised the CL to 450)

- Now after 9 months I got and Auto CL to: 550

So far so good, but they won't increase CL when asked for on the phone,

I just tried the PRE-APPROVAL LINK and they offered me the PLATINUM VERSION, with no AF. Smiley Happy
     - I just called to updrage to PLATINUM and they said no.

So the question now is, should I apply for the PRE-APPROVED one? Keep both cards? What would you do?

Current Score (3/31/10): EX:721 | EQ:735 | TU:744
Message 79 of 112
tray
Valued Contributor

@tono wrote:

I have a RZ GOLD MC, that I applied for exactly 1 year ago:

- they gave me a 300 CL and a 59 AF, (when activated they took 50% off and raised the CL to 450)

- Now after 9 months I got and Auto CL to: 550

So far so good, but they won't increase CL when asked for on the phone,

I just tried the PRE-APPROVAL LINK and they offered me the PLATINUM VERSION, with no AF. Smiley Happy
     - I just called to updrage to PLATINUM and they said no.

So the question now is, should I apply for the PRE-APPROVED one? Keep both cards? What would you do?

I do not know what your accounts average age is or how many inquiries you have, but if you are able to handle another inquiry i would go for the platinum card no AF and close the gold if hsbk will not budge in removing that AF off that card.  In Dec, 09 I app and now I have the platinum rzmc no AF and initial $1,000.00 cl I have heard hsbk  gives better cli's with the platinum card although won't be until another six months for everyone related to the credit card act.  Rember no AF, giving hsbk no interest, and collecting the rewards is the way to go.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 80 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.