cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card (HSBC) CLI's - - - Anyone had any luck since the new law took effect?

tag
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Best Buy Store Card (HSBC) CLI's - - - Anyone had any luck since the new law took effect?

I used to get my CLI's from Best Buy every six months like clockwork. However since the new law passed the feedback I'm hearing is that everyone that has tried is asked for their annual income and then declined. I've even heard that some have had a har EQ hit for the request.

Anyone had any luck getting a CLI from them since February 22nd?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Store Card (HSBC) CLI's - - - Anyone had any luck since the new law took effect?

I hit the luv button twice and got denied both times but never received a hard on my reports.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Store Card (HSBC) CLI's - - - Anyone had any luck since the new law took effect?

I tried 3 times last month, 3 times this month. It would be 6 months since my last CLI last month and 7 this month.  Keep getting denied. Oh well, give up. 

Message 3 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

About 3 weeks back I called in and got CLI.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crosbyk1 wrote:

About 3 weeks back I called in and got CLI.

Hard or soft pull?

Message 5 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Soft pull.

Message 6 of 9
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

How much of a CLI did you get when you called in?

Message 7 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

My CL was 3600 then went up to 4700.

Message 8 of 9
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I haven't heard from anyone that has been successful requsting a CLI on-line yet.

I think the new law has changed the game - - -

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.