Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card / HSBC question on payment processing taking weeks

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Best Buy Store Card / HSBC question on payment processing taking weeks

Hello,

My friend completely paid off her Best Buy store card online (a payment of at least $1000) by scheduling her payment for Friday.  Although the payment was a direct bank transfer and the Best Buy site said "payment is processing" it took until Tuesday for the money to be drawn from the bank, and the payment has not been credited on the Best Buy site.  After several phone calls to the Best Buy card services (all with different answers) claiming different processing times, the last rep said it will take up to two weeks for the credit to the account to take place and could not give a more specific time frame.  Has anyone else had issues with this about payments not getting posted to the Best Buy card?  Why would it take so long to process a direct payment from a checking account online (no checks being cut)?

Does anyone have any experience with these long processing times (meaning my friend cannot use her card at all until this is completed)?

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Store Card / HSBC question on payment processing taking weeks

It sounds like they might place holds on payments over a certain amount.   I've had a couple of other CC issuers do this to me.    Barclays, being the most notorious.   However, I've never had one held for more than 5 business days.   Hopefully they'll apply her payment by week's end.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Best Buy account an the same thing happen to me i made a payment for $400 dollars an it was put on hold for almost to weeks. When i called i received different answers also. Finally i got someone on the phone that took the hold off my account an restored my CL. I was told when u make a unusual larger payment on your account they place holds on it just to make sure its legit which i find very silly if you ask me.
Message 3 of 10
Makebase77
Established Member

I made a payment of just over 1,000 on my BB card online using the BB website and the payment was posted the next business day and debited out of my bank on the day after, but the available credit wasn't adjusted for around 12 calendar days after the payment posted.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's HSBC ...they always take thier sweet A$$ time reporting anything!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Makebase77 wrote:
I made a payment of just over 1,000 on my BB card online using the BB website and the payment was posted the next business day and debited out of my bank on the day after, but the available credit wasn't adjusted for around 12 calendar days after the payment posted.

How lame is that.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
it's HSBC ...they always take thier sweet A$$ time reporting anything!

lol..............lol
Message 7 of 10
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

It took them about 2 weeks to credit my account I forgot how much I believe it was my entire balance. I didnt understand why it took that long and they were even going to say I was late which really ticked me off.
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Citi did this to me on my Sears MC. It wasn't even that much, but it was more than I usually paid. (I was deliberately running up the balance to try to make them happy.)

They told me that the higher payment triggered a computer response, as it it looked as if I was laundering money. Uh, huh. Can't remember how much it was, but I think it was $400-500.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

No way!! I paid off my card and the total tim it took to show up was 3 days. Of course I paid online at HSBC's site.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.