cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card converting to Visa... 06/2016... ???

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card converting to Visa... 06/2016... ???

I didn't get a chance to save the chat transcript, but I just spoke with an agent named Ross, and he gave me some specifics. He said the systemic upgrade will take place on 6/17/16 and the new Visa would be mailed after that date. He mentioned I could continue using my store card until I activate my new Visa. 

It sounds like the information is slowly trickling out from upper management, as with each chat we find out a little bit more information. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 41 of 65
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

So I guess nobody is interested in knowing if it will be a new T/L or if it will take the history of existing account...
Message 42 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!

This is an incredible wealth of information and a bit of internal Best Buy / Citi confusion.

Intriguing to see how it all plays out and impacts the different individual situtations.

?  for different types of credit Categories, is this / will this be considered a Store Card or a Revolving Card?

Thanks in advance,

Ch 13 Paid in Full:  03/29/16
Ch 13 Discharged: 05/03/16

* waiting on Trustee's Final Report in the "mail"

03/17/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 546, TU 501, EX 548
05/05/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 553, TU 523, EX 548

Message 43 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:
Does anyone know if this will be a new account or will IT kept the history of current store card account. Does the letter says it or Nah?

I'm curious too. I don't know if my card will be eligible or not, but I'd be a little irritated to have a new TL ruin my gardening a month before I hit my 1 year goal Smiley Frustrated

Message 44 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen from other conversions...it's likely going to be a new TL and no history moving with it...Since it's a total PC the account number is going to change...I can't find the paperwork that came but I think it's mentioned in there.

Message 45 of 65
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

From what I've seen from other conversions...it's likely going to be a new TL and no history moving with it...Since it's a total PC the account number is going to change...I can't find the paperwork that came but I think it's mentioned in there.

The wording I got seems to indicate it'll replace the store card TL keeping the original open date:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You will be issued a no annual fee Platinum Visa card. After you receive the My Best Buy Visa Card, your My Best Buy Credit Card account will be replaced at the credit bureau with the new My Best Buy Visa Card account information. The date you became a member will be retained from your My Best Buy Credit Card account. If you choose not to accept the My Best Buy Visa Card, your My Best Buy Credit Card account will continue to be reported to the credit bureaus as before. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 46 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's not the same as a PC from store card to visa but every time this card has been sold to another bank (about 4 times in 7 years) I have gotten a new tl on my reports but all of them report my very original account open date. I'm sure this should be the same way.
Message 47 of 65
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

Here's my chat transcript:

info: at 13:16:44
Welcome
A Best Buy Credit Card Customer Service Associate will help you in approximately 0 minutes 3 seconds.
For your protection, we'll never ask you for passwords, PINs, User IDs, security words or any part of your social security number during a chat. Other information may be required to help us verify your identity. This chat may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes.

You are now chatting with Danny.
** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Danny: at 13:16:54
Hello, welcome to Best Buy live chat. My name is Danny. How may I help you today?
W: at 13:17:10
hi there I was wondering if you can tell me if my account has any offers to be upgraded to the VISA card.
W: at 13:17:54
My friend said he received a mailer on his account being upgraded, and I want to know if I was included.
Danny: at 13:18:16
Yes, all your BestBuy cards are converting to Visa card. You will receive the email shortly.
W: at 13:18:53
do you know when this will be happening?
Danny: at 13:20:42
The conversion will start in the month of June.
W: at 13:21:11
will I be getting just an email or something in the mail to confirm this?
Danny: at 13:21:59
Yes, you will receive a mail to. \
Danny: at 13:22:20
Yes, you will receive a mail as well.
W: at 13:22:48
oh ok thank you. will i receive the same limit?
W: at 13:23:37
do I need to opt in to the change?
Danny: at 13:24:00
You will be having the same limit. Only the card will change to Visa.
W: at 13:24:20
ok thank you.

So according to Danny on chat, I'm getting this upgrade, but haven't gotten anything in the mail or emails about this happening. We shall wait and see right.

Well just called into to see about this upgrade, and I guess the chat representative was wrong, I'm not being automatically upgraded, and they can't put in an upgrade for me either.
I guess it's time for me to write a letter to the executive response team and complain about being told I'm being upgraded, and then being told I'm not getting the upgrade.
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 48 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Here's my chat transcript:

Welcome
A Best Buy Credit Card Customer Service Associate will help you in approximately 0 minutes 3 seconds.
For your protection, we'll never ask you for passwords, PINs, User IDs, security words or any part of your social security number during a chat. Other information may be required to help us verify your identity. This chat may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes.

You are now chatting with Danny.
** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Danny: at 13:16:54
Hello, welcome to Best Buy live chat. My name is Danny. How may I help you today?
W: at 13:17:10
hi there I was wondering if you can tell me if my account has any offers to be upgraded to the VISA card.
W: at 13:17:54
My friend said he received a mailer on his account being upgraded, and I want to know if I was included.
Danny: at 13:18:16
Yes, all your BestBuy cards are converting to Visa card. You will receive the email shortly.
W: at 13:18:53
do you know when this will be happening?
Danny: at 13:20:42
The conversion will start in the month of June.
W: at 13:21:11
will I be getting just an email or something in the mail to confirm this?
Danny: at 13:21:59
Yes, you will receive a mail to. \
Danny: at 13:22:20
Yes, you will receive a mail as well.
W: at 13:22:48
oh ok thank you. will i receive the same limit?
W: at 13:23:37
do I need to opt in to the change?
Danny: at 13:24:00
You will be having the same limit. Only the card will change to Visa.
W: at 13:24:20
ok thank you.

So according to Danny on chat, I'm getting this upgrade, but haven't gotten anything in the mail or emails about this happening. We shall wait and see right.

Well just called into to see about this upgrade, and I guess the chat representative was wrong, I'm not being automatically upgraded, and they can't put in an upgrade for me either.
I guess it's time for me to write a letter to the executive response team and complain about being told I'm being upgraded, and then being told I'm not getting the upgrade.

Exact same thing happened to me. Plain and simple... i'm holding on to the card until the end of july or mid august... if i havent received a Visa in the mail... i'm closing the account and shredding the card.

Message 49 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer service and I was told that I wouldnt be getting a Visa card because I already have a Best Buy Visa along with the store card. I am planning to close the store card anyways. Dont need both.

Message 50 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.