Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Store Card

@afbar1114 wrote:

yes it is because i have the plan b store card and i plan on closing after paying my macbook off...i took the 18months 0% apr to pay it but i plan on paying it off in more like 4 months if not sooner

Any reason you are closing it?  I thought usually having a good tradeline like that open helps your score, not to mention the extra credit available.

Message 21 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome, thank you very much.  As soon as EQ reports my lower CC balance (sometime shortly after 3/3), I will be headed back to Best Buy to apply.

Does anyone know what is up with Best Buy cards currently, since HSBC is being purchased by Capital One?

a word of advice that if you cant get any store card Plan A or Plan B. do not get BBRZMC... when doing a recon some prime banks dont like seeing an opened HSBC card on a credit report. when i tried to do a recon with BofA . the CSR asked me only about FP and BBRZMC and said we dont like seeing those cards on the account because they know people with bad credit get those cards. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 22 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

yes it is because i have the plan b store card and i plan on closing after paying my macbook off...i took the 18months 0% apr to pay it but i plan on paying it off in more like 4 months if not sooner

Any reason you are closing it?  I thought usually having a good tradeline like that open helps your score, not to mention the extra credit available.

i am closing it because i will never get CLI for the card i am on plan B as well for the store card and i am getting prime cards like amex and chase

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome, thank you very much.  As soon as EQ reports my lower CC balance (sometime shortly after 3/3), I will be headed back to Best Buy to apply.

Does anyone know what is up with Best Buy cards currently, since HSBC is being purchased by Capital One?

a word of advice that if you cant get any store card Plan A or Plan B. do not get BBRZMC... when doing a recon some prime banks dont like seeing an opened HSBC card on a credit report. when i tried to do a recon with BofA . the CSR asked me only about FP and BBRZMC and said we dont like seeing those cards on the account because they know people with bad credit get those cards. 

Wow, pretty crazy that they would look down on that, even if it is a good tradeline.  Maybe that means you once had bad credit, but they can see your current credit you'd think and would care more about that?

Anyway, I have no intention of accepting anything besides the regular store card.  If they can't approve me for that, I will just be paying cash.

Message 24 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, pretty crazy that they would look down on that, even if it is a good tradeline.  Maybe that means you once had bad credit, but they can see your current credit you'd think and would care more about that?

Anyway, I have no intention of accepting anything besides the regular store card.  If they can't approve me for that, I will just be paying cash.

FICO scoring doesnt care about who the bank is. but banks care when doing a manual review of your credit. 

Message 25 of 39
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I got the store card on black friday and yes they still offer it. I know they pull EQ. I don't know req. for the store card but mine was @ 740 at approval time. I was denied the card 2 years prior with a score of 640. They don't like alot of new accounts or inq.

Message 26 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

@I got the store card on black friday and yes they still offer it. I know they pull EQ. I don't know req. for the store card but mine was @ 740 at approval time. I was denied the card 2 years prior with a score of 640. They don't like alot of new accounts or inq.

i got the card with like 10 new accounts in the past 8 months and about 15 inqs on EQ

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, two different experiences.  Oh well, only one way for me to find out.  The good news is they clearly pull EQ, which benefits me greatly.  I have a lot of inquiries from January, but they are all within 2 days and all for auto loans, which I know FICO should score as just one.

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got impatient and pulled my current EQ this morning.  It jumped all the way up to a 676!  That is with one CC at $5/$500 and the other at $291/$500 for a total utilization of 30%.  Is this score high enough to get approved do you think or should I still wait a week or two until my other CC payment reports the second card down to $0?  Thanks!

Message 29 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got impatient and pulled my current EQ this morning.  It jumped all the way up to a 676!  That is with one CC at $5/$500 and the other at $291/$500 for a total utilization of 30%.  Is this score high enough to get approved do you think or should I still wait a week or two until my other CC payment reports the second card down to $0?  Thanks!

your score maybe fine... i around that when i got the card

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.