Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card

Thanks for the replies. I have a Barclay's apple card, but there's still a small balance for my iPad on it (which I'm intentionally paying over time to build a history with them @ 0%), plus the CL isn't really enough to get the Mac Book Pro w/Apple Care and tax. Plus, I would also have the additional cost of converting my software from PC to Mac. I keep saying I want to do it, but somehow I never plan for when I need a new computer and the cost keeps me in PC land.

It doesn't sound very promising based on the replies so far. I do believe that the BB threads I've read have not talked about really large limits. Timing isn't great because from what people have said, it's going to take 6 to 8 weeks for the Amex to show on my CR, and that will (should!) raise my EQ FICO.

Just not sure. I really don't want a HP if I'm going to be denied or get a toy limit.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

You'll never know until you try Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

When I opened my BB Store Card in 2008, my scores were less than yours, credit was tighter and my history was less than 12 mo. with several inquiries.

I was in the store and decided to try and purchase a TV and Blue Ray Player.  The total was about $2,500.  I applied at the service counter and was approved for $8,000.  CLI's since then have upped the limit to $12,100.

I think you should apply.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

So, is the consensus that they only pull EQ?

Unfortunately that's my lowest score. And it's actually droped around 20 pts since my Navy bal reported before I paid, since it was a weekend. (I didn't change my siggy.) I think my EQ is around 665?! Smiley Sad It won't report again until around the 20th of March, and I know my score will go back up then. Timing is everything with credit! Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 15
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

So, is the consensus that they only pull EQ?

Unfortunately that's my lowest score. And it's actually droped around 20 pts since my Navy bal reported before I paid, since it was a weekend. (I didn't change my siggy.) I think my EQ is around 665?! Smiley Sad It won't report again until around the 20th of March, and I know my score will go back up then. Timing is everything with credit! Smiley Frustrated

any baddies score seems fine i had lower than that and  i got 1k plan b.. how many inqs and UTL

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.