cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Told Me I Will Never Recieve A CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Told Me I Will Never Recieve A CLI!

I just called there credit department an was told i'm on there B plan an those accounts never receive a CLI. The guy told me the only way i would get a CLI is i re apply 6 months from now to see if i qualify for the A plan which those acounts do receive CLI. WHAT THE HELL I'M MAD.Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Told Me I Will Never Recieve A CLI!

They also told me the only way u get advanced to plan A is keep plan B for a year then pay it off in full close this the account the re apply i don't think so BEST BUY is not evan worth it. An i was thinking i would see big CL with this card what a disappointment.
Message 2 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

ewww, that's a bummer.  reapply?  as if-Smiley Mad
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 18
USC08
Frequent Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:
I just called there credit department an was told i'm on there B plan an those accounts never receive a CLI. The guy told me the only way i would get a CLI is i re apply 6 months from now to see if i qualify for the A plan which those acounts do receive CLI. WHAT THE HELL I'M MAD.Smiley Mad

How do you determine what plan you're on and what is their criteria based on as for as placing a customer on a certain plan?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

USC08 wrote:
How do you determine what plan you're on and what is their criteria based on as for as placing a customer on a certain plan?

I didn't ask that but most likely it's based off your credit score. When i applied i still had a BK showing on my TU credit report so thanks to the BK i'm on the B plan.
Message 5 of 18
USC08
Frequent Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

USC08 wrote:

I didn't ask that but most likely it's based off your credit score. When i applied i still had a BK showing on my TU credit report so thanks to the BK i'm on the B plan.

When you initially called, what did you ask them prior to finding out what plan you're on?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

USC08 wrote:

When you initially called, what did you ask them prior to finding out what plan you're on?

See this is the thing they don't tell new customers there's 2 plans i'm sure most folks find out like i just did when i called to request a CLI.When i applied an was approved i wasn't told i'm on a B plan an this card will never grant a CLI in that case i might have told them no thanks.
Message 7 of 18
USC08
Frequent Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

USC08 wrote:

See this is the thing they don't tell new customers there's 2 plans i'm sure most folks find out like i just did when i called to request a CLI.When i applied an was approved i wasn't told i'm on a B plan an this card will never grant a CLI in that case i might have told them no thanks.

That sucks, maybe if you plan on buying merchandise in the future that exceeds your credit line you can try and persuade them to increase your credit line so you don't go over the limit.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

USC08 wrote:
That sucks, maybe if you plan on buying merchandise in the future that exceeds your credit line you can try and persuade them to increase your credit line so you don't go over the limit.

Yeah it sucks big time i really thought this would be a card that grows with me but hey why am i surprised the card is backed by HSBC. I was really thinking in the future when i own a home i would be able to buy my appliances from Best Buy with a nice credit limit not now an it's not evan worth re applying. Most likely it will stop using it all together after the Holiday.
Message 9 of 18
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I really feel your pain. I had (2) HSBC cards: Platinum Mastercard and Best Buy Rewards Zone MC. I obtained both cards a year before I found out about these forums.

Both of my cards were Tier B. I canceled the Best Buy RZMC before the 1 year anniversary and I just closed the Platinum Mastercard last week.

If you are lucky enough to get a Tier A card from HSBC then congrats, however for the rest of us, HSBC sucks!! Well to be fair, they are a rebuilder card for those of us with sub-prime credit.

Problem is that even as a child, sooner or later you will take off the training wheels and ride your bicycle like the big boys. But in the case of credit repair, HSBC says you can NEVER take off your training wheels. At least not with their cards.

I too had a HSBC CSR tell me about closing and reapplying. And my answer to them was, if you eat something that leaves a horrible taste in your mouth, are you really going to ask for seconds?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.