Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Upgrade to Best Buy Citi Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Upgrade to Best Buy Citi Visa

My apologies up front if this is a duplicate topic. I was a bit surprised today to find in the mail a letter from Citi Credit Services stating “you’ve been chosen to receive an upgrade from your current My Best Buy CC to a new My Best Buy Visa taking effect on 8/18/18. Account history will transfer to new card and reward points will transfer.
3% Rewards on Gas
2% Rewards on Dining & Grocery
1% Rewards on Everything Else
PLUS Limited Time Bonus Reward Categories.
Choice of 5% Rewards or Flexible Financing on Best Buy Purchases with various deferred interest promotional offers.
I can opt-out by 8/19/18 or do nothing and new card should arrive by 9/13/18.
No AF and according to the FAQ insert, the new card will replace the old one with a new account number and entire history and original account open date will remain the same.

Seems like a no-brained to me. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy Upgrade to Best Buy Citi Visa

Yes, Citi still offers these upgrades from time to time. Since the entire account history will transition into your Visa CC, it's really a no-brainer.

Aside from being accepted outside of Best Buy, this gives you the opportunity to earn some rewards. Financing options and promotional offers will typically remain the same as the non-Visa version.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a no brainer.  I would love for them to send me that upgrade.  Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP! This is for sure a no-brainer. Smiley Wink

Just be sure to always to PIF on the card so that the rewards are worth it. 

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. Right now they have 4% rewards on entertaimentSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you posted this. DW got offer today and I was wondering if it was like Synchronys.
Glad to know it's not
Message 6 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely a no brainer.  I would love for them to send me that upgrade.  Congrats!

I wish they'd send me that offer too! I mean as long as the store card counts toward my total Citi exposure I might as well get the most of it.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this offer in the mail. I guess it seems okay to let them upgrade me.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.