Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa(Signature)?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy Visa(Signature)?

@taxi818 wrote:
Well I'm not sure. I was surprised at the infinite reference. If so. All the heavy hitters will be going for the Best Buy Card. I just looked at the benefits. Rental car and so on is covered. Tells you how to file a claim. I will study it more later to see true benefits of using this.

I agree if this is offered in the infinite as other poster said everyone will be trying that are they heavy hitters lol..  I don't think Citi would introduce the BB Visa as the first infinite out of all their cards, but i could be wrong..  Most of their cards are MC as well.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my new BB Visa Signature last week too Smiley Happy. They changed my account from BB MC to this new card now. Just hate I have a low credit limit Smiley Sad. Is it HP to ask for CLI? I have this card since 2013 Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received my new BB Visa Signature last week too Smiley Happy. They changed my account from BB MC to this new card now. Just hate I have a low credit limit Smiley Sad. Is it HP to ask for CLI? I have this card since 2013 Smiley Sad

HP to TU.

I have a $5k limit and my card came as standard Visa non Signature... but I had MC Gold previously... Did you have MC Platinum?

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HP to TU.

I have a $5k limit and my card came as standard Visa non Signature... but I had MC Gold previously... Did you have MC Platinum?

I can't remember what I had before ... I had the BB MC prior to receiving thi new Visa signature card. I am tempted to app for CLI but have some doubts. I don't want another HP Smiley Sad. are they pretty good with CLI?

Message 14 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HP to TU.

I can't remember what I had before ... I had the BB MC prior to receiving thi new Visa signature card. I am tempted to app for CLI but have some doubts. I don't want another HP Smiley Sad. are they pretty good with CLI?

I struggled through multiple calls and finally managed to find someone that actually "was" an underwriter and had power to do something and had a brain cell outside of the script... I have tried again since then and have not been able to find a brain cell not on script to review the application.... always denied.

Message 15 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HP to TU.

I for sure had the mastercard platinum before. so maybe thats why it is signature now. only 4k limit. I know you think it is a Tu hp CA. But when i finally got Cli with Bestbuy. They actually pulled Equifax for my Cli. was really hoping it would have been Tu. But it was not.

Message 16 of 25
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Never even looked at the paperwork. hehehe Yes. most of us had history with BB. Ive had my cards almost 2 years.

Does your say 5 or 6? And yeah had mine since 2011. Also it's Visa Signature, predictive text predicted Infinite and I didn't notice lol

Message 17 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

It's 6% the same as yours.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I started at 1k many months ago when I applied.  I immediately asked for 3k which they gave me.  Yesterday, they auto increased me to 10k.  I did just pay off (way early) my 0% interest freezer purchase last Monday.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually work at Best Buy and to answer a few, no your rewards membership plays no part in the 'VISA' 'Master Card' transfer.

Started about a month or 2 ago, Citi changed their MC to VISA,
As far as I know currently there are 3 active possible cards.
Best Buy Store Card
Best Buy Visa (Used to be Master Card)
*Best Buy Master Card (Annual fee)

If you get approved for the store card you get approved for the Visa, but at the register you get an option to pick either one. They both have the same APR, and benefits, except store card is a store card vs a Visa.

Common amount of approval is $2,000

*People with low credit scores will typically get approved for the MC with the AF of $49.99. Usually their limits about $500.

As for CLI, I call all the time for customers, BEST success is being at the store having an employee call for you. But this usually only happens if you're making a big purchase, usually $2500+. YES it's always a hard pull.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.