Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa(Signature)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Visa(Signature)?

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually work at Best Buy and to answer a few, no your rewards membership plays no part in the 'VISA' 'Master Card' transfer.

Started about a month or 2 ago, Citi changed their MC to VISA,
As far as I know currently there are 3 active possible cards.
Best Buy Store Card
Best Buy Visa (Used to be Master Card)
*Best Buy Master Card (Annual fee)

If you get approved for the store card you get approved for the Visa, but at the register you get an option to pick either one. They both have the same APR, and benefits, except store card is a store card vs a Visa.

Common amount of approval is $2,000

*People with low credit scores will typically get approved for the MC with the AF of $49.99. Usually their limits about $500.

As for CLI, I call all the time for customers, BEST success is being at the store having an employee call for you. But this usually only happens if you're making a big purchase, usually $2500+. YES it's always a hard pull.

Great info 👍. Thanks for sharing.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually work at Best Buy and to answer a few, no your rewards membership plays no part in the 'VISA' 'Master Card' transfer.

Best Buy Store Card

If you get approved for the store card you get approved for the Visa, but at the register you get an option to pick either one. They both have the same APR, and benefits, except store card is a store card vs a Visa.

*People with low credit scores will typically get approved for the MC with the AF of $49.99. Usually their limits about $500.

As for CLI, I call all the time for customers, BEST success is being at the store having an employee call for you. But this usually only happens if you're making a big purchase, usually $2500+. YES it's always a hard pull.

Great info 👍. Thanks for sharing.

That is great info! Love it when those in the know share!Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Best Buy Store Card

Thank you for providing us with data points.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Well finally last week i recieved my Best buy Visa card in the mail. Still have not used it before today. so i decided to buy a couple of burgers on it just to take it for a spin and low and behold. A Visa Signature. Had not idea they even came like that. Did not notice it until i was at the register and the lady told me to stick the card in the machine instead of swiping. I guess Citi does not have hard standards for it since my limit is only 4k.  Don't have any screen shots but rest assured folks. it clearly says Visa Signature Not sure if there are actually any benefits that goes with it. I did notiice it also now says Citi in the upper right hand corner. My mastercard had no mention of citi on it. hmm.

BBVS.jpg

Congrats on your Visa Signature!

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine is regular visa @ $5k. Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.