Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy and Credit Limit Increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy and Credit Limit Increases

Hello,

I have had my Best Buy credit card for 1 year.  I have the store card.  I do tend to carry a balance on it (less than $300) but I have never missed a payment.  My credit limit is $750.  I just hit the button (for the first time) to request a credit limit increase (to help out with Christmas) and it immediately turned me down and said that they would send me a letter as to why.

Do they do a hard or soft pull?  Also, is it difficult to get a credit limit increase with Best Buy? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy and Credit Limit Increases

Guess I should have read further down on the forums.  I see that apparently Best Buy has a type A and a type B plan.  Guess I must be on the Type B with no CLI EVAR!
Message 2 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

They do soft pulls. Dont worry they wont give me limit I deserve either. Im trying to see if there is someone I could call to see if they would recon since I spend so much there.
Message 3 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Also im on type B had a 900 cl and got an increase to 1100 so i dont think its true about type A or B
Message 4 of 6
first48
Frequent Contributor

I have a Best Buy card with a 2000.00 limit.  How do you know if you are on the A or B plan?
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for & received a BB store card, and nothing in the info packet they sent me said "Plan A" or "Plan B." However, their website says, "Plan A: Variable Standard APR is 20.99% as of 12/01/08. Variable Default APR: 25.99% as of 12/01/08. Plan B: Variable Standard APR: 24.34% as of 12/01/08. Variable Default APR: 29.99% as of 12/01/08." Based on this info, you might be able to figure out which plan you're in.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.