Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy mastercard?

Does anyone have this card? It was the first credit card I set my twinkly eyes on and I finally got it about four months ago. Then of course, just my luck, about a month later I got a letter informing me that Capital One bought the card Smiley Mad there goes my chance of building up my CL!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy mastercard?

I do as well as many others on this site. I was fortunate to get a CLI of $1k (had the card for nearly 2 years) just as or right before Cap One took over. I'm not fan of Cap One and now often contemplate closing this account. 

Message 2 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

Keep it til the AF hits then close it. You have much better revolving credit options in your wallet. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 23
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

You can threaten to close the account, they usually counter with waving the annual fee.  This tactic worked for me. 

Message 4 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

You can threaten to close the account, they usually counter with waving the annual fee.  This tactic worked for me. 

+1

OT: PrettyNPink did you see my post on your JPM Select thread? 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 23
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Jlu-Thanks, I did and responded. 

Message 6 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

Okay good. I just didn't want you to get an unpleasant surprise.

I'm done with the derailing, the train is back on schedule!

Message 7 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Do we even know if OP has AF version? Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Good point. If he does have $0 AF what's the point of this thread?

$0 AF gets socked while AF gets chopped. 

That's how we roll. 

Message 9 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Good point. If he does have $0 AF what's the point of this thread?

$0 AF gets socked while AF gets chopped. 

That's how we roll. 

That is how I pretty much answer all of these threads. Smiley Tongue 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.