Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy

Amazon is getting ready to put another nail in Best Buy's coffin. Amazon is currently building warehouses near major metropolitan markets throughout the USA. Within the next year they will start offering SAME day delivery to people located near these warehouses.

Heck with carrying that big screen TV home, order it from Amazon in the morning and have it delivered in the afternoon.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 21 of 35
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

How bout them big screens Smiley Very Happy

I am counting the days to when my old style big TV screen goes to meet it's maker and I can finally get a new one.  Best Buy will be on my short list of places to check them out before I order one from Amazon or Newegg.

Kinda funny that here in San Antonio, one of the Best buys moved into the abandoned Circuit City store at the other end of the parking lot.  Hopefully if it goes belly up, a good Chinese buffet will open in it's place since DW is picky on them and her favorite is on the other side of town.  I hope Best Buy leaves some of the better TV's for them in case mine doesn't die before. 

Wow, what a small world....I live in San Angelo, not too far from you.  Our Circuit City went belly up as well and they put in a huge seasonal shop.  Sometimes it's Christmas stuff, sometimes Halloween masks...lol  Poor Circuit City

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 22 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

Is it good to get a personal loan if i have no credit ?

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 23 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@zeno a personal loan would be good but Cap1 should be able to help with a secured card for your first.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Personal loan secured and credit card secured are good places to start. Try to find a credit union in your area who will let you become a member... I think you should find a credit union before applying for cap 1...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

the credit union i know of does consumer loans whats a good card i can get besides a secured card i've seen people on my thread talk about an amazon card

Message 26 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The credit union may also do a credit card. Amazon is a good card but you probably need 6 months of history with the loan or with a secured card before you apply...

My suggestion is to open a small secured loan and a secured credit card from the credit union. Then you can apply for unsecured cards about 6 months later.
FICO 9:

Message 27 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The credit union credit card will help you build history with them and will help you be approved for an unsecured card with them down the road.
FICO 9:

Message 28 of 35
Zeno
Contributor

so i can either get a personal loan or a credit card from a credit union ok

Message 29 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep; I recommend both; as the loan will help you with installment history (for car loans later down the line) and the credit card will help you with revolving history and possibly insecure and grow with you. Cap 1 is a good choice but unfortunately they will not grow with you and help you out later on as much as a relationship with a credit union will
FICO 9:

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.