Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC App strategy?

tag
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

Re: Best CC App strategy?

@Anonymous wrote:
[...] Although, you might not want big bank CCs if you have a couple of FCU CCs.

Why not? And does big bank include WAMU and CITI? Or mostly just places like Chase, Wells Fargo, BoA... etc..?

Also, let me give you a huge THANK YOU for all your very cool advice. Nice Sig links too. Very helpful. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are big banks and then there are big banks. Mileage varies, so it's definitely not an absolute that CUs are better than big banks. There are some CUs which are downright awful and some banks with far fewer fees and better service. As a general rule CUs are better than big banks, but not always and not with all customers. Some CUs are said to blacklist.

Message 12 of 14
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There are big banks and then there are big banks. Mileage varies, so it's definitely not an absolute that CUs are better than big banks. There are some CUs which are downright awful and some banks with far fewer fees and better service. As a general rule CUs are better than big banks, but not always and not with all customers. Some CUs are said to blacklist.

But if I have a couple FCU cc's why would I not want big bank CC's?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

jschaffer wrote:

But if I have a couple FCU cc's why would I not want big bank CC's?

There's no absolutes. Just a general rule that CUs are better than banks. Not all OCs, be they banks or CUs, treat all customers alike.

Bottomline is to monitor your CCs, explore options, keep what works, discard what doesn't.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.