Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC for Balance Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best CC for Balance Transfer

Can anyone tell me what good CC options for balance transfer? I have about 3k debt on my macy/amex card that I would like to transfer to pay off within 12-24 months without any interest. If app requirements are available, please let me know also.

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best CC for Balance Transfer

bankofamericard from BofA

slate from chase

every day card from Amex

no fee bt with decent 0 apr period.

Message 2 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone tell me what good CC options for balance transfer? I have about 3k debt on a card that I would like to transfer to pay off within 12-24 months without any interest. If app requirements are available, please let me know also.

It will be a lot easier to make suggestions if you list the cards you have. 

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a macy/amex card.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how helpful this is.. I'm new at all of this. My bf just got a Discover IT card. It has 0% APR for 14 months on balance transfers, but there is a 3% fee to do the actual transfer. That 3% fee is lower than the interest he'd be paying on his current card once his current 0% ends and he gets hit with the interest, though. 

Message 5 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a macy/amex card.

Is that the only card you have? 

Message 6 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

For me I would apply for either ink cash or ink unlimited you can bt to those and it I am not mistakened they don't show up on your credit reports so win win ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP,

I’m assuming that everything looks good on the income, score, UT and AAOA front. If yes, here are some cards that have 0 APR for 14-21 months: Citi Simplicity, AmX Magnate, DiscoverIT, and Citi Diamond. All these cards have a minimum of 3% fee.  @Remedios asked about other cards in your arsenal and I haven’t seen a response yet. If the Macy’s AmX is the only card and it is maxed out, it may difficult to get a large BT card.

Give us more info to guide you in the right direction:

Other CCs, CL, balance

No. of inquiries

AAOA

UT 

Thanks

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

bankofamericard from BofA

slate from chase

every day card from Amex

no fee bt with decent 0 apr period.

These are my top three suggestions as well, assuming the applicant is qualified, due to the $0 transfer fee and 0% APR.  BankAmericard and Slate can be product changed to other core rewards cards (Travel Rewards, Cash Rewards, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, etc.) after the balance transfer has been paid so they can be lifelong keepers.  EveryDay can only be product changed to EveryDay Preferred or Blue, but at least it is a rewards card to begin with.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is the only card I have.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.