Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC to apply for

tag
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Re: Best CC to apply for

She should definitely be good to go with those scores.  Hooters seems to be pretty generous with the credit lines based on comments on WGMC.  You guys should check out the credit unions as well.  Good luck!!!

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at the Citi Preferred card I think and it has a 0% APR on purchases for 12mths plus I think fico scoring gives max pts for the big bank cards.   With the 0% purchase promo we could use that instead of a stores 12mth financing thru a finance company for our window blinds. 

Anyone know of any other cards that offer 0% or really low apr for 12mths that my wife has a shot at?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at the Citi Preferred card I think and it has a 0% APR on purchases for 12mths plus I think fico scoring gives max pts for the big bank cards.   With the 0% purchase promo we could use that instead of a stores 12mth financing thru a finance company for our window blinds. 

Anyone know of any other cards that offer 0% or really low apr for 12 mths that my wife has a shot at?
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

flyers wrote:

Anyone know of any other cards that offer 0% or really low apr for 12 mths that my wife has a shot at?

flyers, you can research on your own by visit the CCC's web site or bank web site for more options.  You are the one who knows what kind of CC she is looking for, not us.  Good Luck!
Message 14 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

flyers wrote:
My wife wants her first CC.   She has 2.5 years credit history, auto loan, mortgage, secured loan(PIF), and about 1 1/2 year perfect history on an old CC account(she was an AU and it still shows the good history from that time period).   Her scores are TU 700, EQ 713, EX 704.

We'd like to get a major bank card if possible that will give a nice starting CL.  (2K plus)

Any recommendations on who to apply to?

- Amex Blue or Blue Cash; probably EX pull
- BoA; probably EX pull
- Disover Motiva, More or any card; probably EX or TU pull
- CITI Dividends Plat Select MC; probably EQ pull
Message 15 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

flyers wrote:
Sounds like she can pick from most prime cards out there.  Which banks tend to give the biggest credit lines to start with?   EQ pull preferred since highest score.

Amex is very generous but they mostly pull EX. CITI is a big EQ puller and they have been known to be generous with some applicants. With your wife's scores, she can do better than the CITI PP card...Dividends Plat Select is a good cash back card.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flyers,
Try CCCU...they give great lines and 0% 6mos. along with no fees on BT's.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.