Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CCC for High-ish Credit Lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best CCC for High-ish Credit Lines

As much as I like them, I really have too many eggs in the BofA basket.

I'm considering possibly getting another card with another provider to hedge things. To make it worthwhile, it really needs to have a credit line close to that of my highest BofA card, which has a $30K CL.

Which companies should I be looking at for an opening line in the $25-30K range?

Recent score drop on EX was from inquiries. Only baddie on my report is a 30 day late payment in 2002. Nothing else.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Best CCC for High-ish Credit Lines

Trying to remember, don't you have one or two non-BofA cards?

I think it would take a little history with a CCC for those kinds of credit lines, although maybe one of the big CU's would do it, like JFCU (Justice FCU.) Seems like they throw a fair amount of money around.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have an Amex charge card, but that's not a normal card with a normal credit line.

I was thinking of a regular revolver card.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I think it would take a little history with a CCC for those kinds of credit lines, although maybe one of the big CU's would do it, like JFCU (Justice FCU.) Seems like they throw a fair amount of money around.

I would assume, because I'm not an employee of the Department of Justice, that I'm ineligible for a JFCU account?
Message 4 of 27
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Chase - for my money, they are numero uno !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobra19 wrote:
Chase - for my money, they are numero uno !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any particular Chase card? I'm not familiar with their product line.
Message 6 of 27
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

I would go with Citibank.  They have always been very generous with C/L's.  My first card with them about 5 years ago was a $25k line.  They are currently my highest CL with Amex 2nd, BOA 3rd and Chase 4th.  Those are the big ones if you have the income to support which it sounds like you do... Smiley Happy  Let us know how it turns out. 
Message 7 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I would assume, because I'm not an employee of the Department of Justice, that I'm ineligible for a JFCU account?

JFCU is one of the many credit unions that you can join by first joining a separate organization, which is how just about all the members here have done it:

http://www.jfcu.org/join_howToJoin.asp

As I recall, most here on the forums go through a $35 general membership in the NSA (National Sheriff's Association):

http://www.sheriffs.org/membership/index.asp

ducky (new screenname: imducky) is the big evangelist for JFCU around here. I think he has a law enforcement background.

If you're not looking for high CL's right out of the gate, I agree that Chase has the reputation of eventually granting high CL's. And AmEx will do the same. As a current customer, and with good current scores, you should be able to get a Blue that will grow well, without being harassed by them, as long as you don't get frisky. They seem a lot twitchier about those who don't fit their traditional cardholder profile.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 27
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

watchnerd--

You've got to be careful that when you do apply for a high credit line card, that you're not going to end up with a World/Signature no pre-set spending limit card that does not report a credit line.  It seems that anymore, the high credit limit cards are the no pre-set spending limit cards.   However, if you aren't concerned about utilization, then this won't be a problem. 

Message Edited by psychic on 04-12-2008 10:53 AM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 9 of 27
cobra19
Valued Contributor

The Chase product line is extensive. I have a Freedom Plus (35k) and a Platinum MC (40k). These 2 cards are my 2nd and 3rd oldest cards. Citi is also prime with great lines available.

Might also want to check out some of the CU's. NFCU gave me a 48k (they offered 50k, but I was afraid it might show as an installment) Platinum MC a few months ago.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.