Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Card for Sam's Club?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Card for Sam's Club?

I'm looking for the best card to use at Sam's club from a rewards point of view. I am considering the Huntington Voice as you can select Warhouse stores as a 3% catagory. Are there any other/better cards to use at Sam's club? If the Huntung card currently had a SUB I'd probably have already applied for it.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Card for Sam's Club?

Rotating 5% cards or maybe straight 2% card probably. If that 3% is year round that might be your best betSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Altitude Reserve, 4.5% year-round for travel with mobile payment. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my Venture Card. I’d suggest something that is a flat 2x on everything that’s useful elsewhere as well
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the input. I spend enough there that I'd prefer something better than 2% consistently.
Message 5 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Are you looking for cash back or transferrable points?  I tend to use either my BBP from Amex or the Double Cash from Citi but I go more for points than cash back. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll second the Altitude Reserve. Really easy rewards.
Message 7 of 16
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Huntington Voiceis great for Sam's and Costco.

A steady 3% anytime for a warehouse club is hard to beat.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

US Bank Altitude Reserve, 4.5% year-round for travel with mobile payment. Smiley Very Happy

Sam's Club does not accept mobile wallet payments like apple pay or samsung pay making the Altitude Reserve not ideal for use at Sam's Club. 

Message 9 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sam's Club does not accept mobile wallet payments like apple pay or samsung pay making the Altitude Reserve not ideal for use at Sam's Club. 

Sam's Club doesn't accept mobile wallets that depend on NFC, but Samsung Pay w/ MST does work.  I use Samsung pay (with my Altitude Reserve) there regularly. 

FWIW, the Sam's locations I've been to use the same Ingenico PIN pads as Walmart.  The Ingenico terminals aren't quite as easy to use w/ Samsung Pay's MST as the ubiquitous Verifone PIN pads but they do work.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.