Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Cards for low scores and recent BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Cards for low scores and recent BK

Hi MaryJane197 -I applied for the card and hot it Smiley Wink - I do agree that the fees are an over kill, but I've got to start somewhere.

Thanks for your referral!

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi SherriLynn -

I had an Orchard card that was included in the BK...do you know if they'll give me another account that wouldn't require a deposit?

If not, I'll have to stick with the Continental Mastercard and apply for Chase in 6 months.

Message 12 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can do the pre-qual at household and see if they will give you card without deposit, etc.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried Cap1 and was told they have to do more to make the decision. So I called the backdoor # and didn't get anywhere so I'm going to try calling again tomorrow and see if I get another associate.
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will try them now and if I get denied, I'll wait 6 months and do more credit cleaning and go for the big boys (Chase, B of A, etc.)
Message 15 of 26
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Glad you got it.  Ive checked most of the cards on the list.  Continetal Finance was the only one i could get.  The ones with First Premiere Bank wouldnt give me one.  Same with Tribute, HouseHold Bank , Credit One, Orchard and Tribute.  At the time that i applied at Continetal i had a 500 score.  Now im at a medium of 542 and still cant get other CC's.  I tried all of these in the last month and got turned down for them all.   As far as fees go they all have fees involved.  Since they are CC aimed at bad credit users then that makes since.  Ive had mine for awhile now and ive not had any issues with it.

07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, I applied and it said I was prequalified with the info I provided and then they asked me for a $49 processing fee...is this a guaranteed approval if I pay the $49???
Message 17 of 26
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Which card are you talking about?  I didnt have to pay a processing fee for Contential Fiance.  When i got the card in the mail i did have to call and setup the first payment schedule.  They like for you to have your first payment setup to be automatically paid by your bank account.  But other than that, i didnt pay any up front fees.
07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The message regarding the processing fee was for Creditaddict. I applied for Credit One a while back and was also denied.
Message 19 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The message regarding the processing fee was for Creditaddict. I applied for Credit One a while back and was also denied.
Processing fee for me?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.