Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Cash Advance CC’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Cash Advance CC’s

What are everyone’s favorite cards for cash advances? Cards with low or no fees to do so OR low interest rates for doing so.
Also include convenience checks if you’d like.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Best Cash Advance CC’s

My PenFed Defender has no cash advance fees, but in this day and age, unless it's a dire emergency the convenience check or direct deposit is the way to go.  For a new card, the Chase Slate and Bank of America BankAmericard have 0% fee and 0% APR.  Lots of other options that are very low fees.

Message 2 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I would say any good CU card applies to this. Even some local banks do the same as well. As an outlier assuming you PIF in full every month the Walmart/Sam's Club cards are great in my opinion for this. Can get anywhere from $20-$100 per day and it's treated like a purchase so no immediate interest is accrued til the billing period ends so if you PIF no biggie at all except for what you have to pay for. I have my sisters do that all the time when they need cash since we have a Walmart not even 5 mins out from there and you can grab a soda/snack to boot when you do lol. It's one of the main reasons I still carry those cards despite having better ones in my wallet.

Message 3 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Depends on how large of a CA you need ....

For smaller quick cash ... Discover and Walmart do Cashover... (where its just treated as another purchase)....

For larger amounts.. Many CU cards do not surcharge for CAs... BUT oftentimes intrest accrues as soon as you do it... 

Been told some local banks also support this..... 

One of the better options if you know beforehand would be a BT that allows you to deposit to your checking account or a convienence check which allows this.... might be a small fee though.. just like a BT

-J

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the best scenerio I have going for myself is with my Bank of America Cash Rewards card. It has always given me a solid cash advance line (currently $5300) and because I have a bank account with them I can just use direct deposit and it only charges me a 3% fee or $10 which ever is higher. It's always there the next business day and really has been helpful. 

Message 5 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

As far as I am aware, the BEFCU Platinum Plus VISA has no cash advance fees, and go-to APRs for purchases and cash advances as low as 4.99% F plus a rewards program.  Also IIRC, the Unify FCU Fixed-Rate VISA as low as 8.99% F has no cash advance fees either?

Message 6 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

DCU treats a cash advance on their visa as a "purchase" with no fee and no higher APR, CFCU (Congressional) has no fee but charges "earned" interest daily, even when you PIF at the end of the month, NFCU charges no fee, but adds a slightly higher APR for the cash advance over regular purchases (2% I believe), Barclays RING charges the same APR as purchases and adds a slight fee ($3 I think).

On many cards (lenders) taking a CA is a red flag - they offer it but if you take it you can expect in many cases AA in some form (higher APR or reduced credit limit). DCU/CFCU/NFCU/RING don't seem to care - I know some on here think Barclays is quick to AA accounts, that's not been my experience and I take $500 CA's all the time (PIF by EOM). 

Message 7 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What are everyone’s favorite cards for cash advances? Cards with low or no fees to do so OR low interest rates for doing so.
Also include convenience checks if you’d like.

Among banks: Barclays Ring card.

Among credit unions: PenFed Promise, Langley Platinum, NFCU Flagship & Platinum

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

Sams Club has no charge for cashback but I don't think you can get a large amount.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

Sams Club has no charge for cashback but I don't think you can get a large amount.

Correct. Like the Walmart card they limit quickcash to $100/day. For larger amounts I'd try the suggestions on this thread.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.