Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Cash Bck Cards for 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Cash Bck Cards for 2019

@chris I think so as well. I just signed up. I use eBates pretty frequently but this looks easier. Set it and forget it easy.
Message 11 of 20
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Cash Magnet . In 3, 2, 1....Smiley Wink

There are no cards under 2% listed there. 

Relax. AJC is using invisible sarcasm font. 

Is he though? The Amex holders will descend from the heavens and slap their Cash Magnet cards in defiance 😂 

For good reason. A lot of people under estimate amex offers, but they can be very lucrative esp around the holidays.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are no cards under 2% listed there. 

Relax. AJC is using invisible sarcasm font. 

Is he though? The Amex holders will descend from the heavens and slap their Cash Magnet cards in defiance 😂 

For good reason. A lot of people under estimate amex offers, but they can be very lucrative esp around the holidays.

I saw a number of the offers and they’re cool if you use them but they can’t really be factored in to the every day redemption value of the card much like Navy Federal’s Member Mall can yield HUGE amounts of cash back but that doesn’t change the cashRewards card’s base 1.5% earnings. 

Message 13 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

CM is fine.   Article ends with "If you’re currently using a card that earns 1% cash back, just put it down. It’s time to make a change."

And CM is 50% better than that!

My knock would be 

a) no mention of Uber and Cash + (someone in the comments does)

b) Double Cash.   Seems to me the PayPal card is better (no delay, no min redemption, no FTF) but maybe Sync doesn't pay the blogger....

Ding ding ding... we have a winner!  Smiley Happy

You have to be careful with some of the various blogger sites... they'll often push the cards that give them the biggest referral kick-back.

Message 14 of 20
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

CM is fine.   Article ends with "If you’re currently using a card that earns 1% cash back, just put it down. It’s time to make a change."

My knock would be 

b) Double Cash.   Seems to me the PayPal card is better (no delay, no min redemption, no FTF) but maybe Sync doesn't pay the blogger....

Yeah I have noticed that most sites don’t mention the PayPal and when they do, they rate it poorly for the high interest rates and lack of a SUB. Also they make sure to mention people’s complaints about Sync billing and payment issues. 

Its on my wish list but it would pretty much mean my cashRewards would end up being SD’d which I am not ready to do. 

Yeah, no mention of Uber with the same 4% on dining as Savor but no annual fee, although Savor does expand the 4% to entertainment. And yes, I think the PayPal 2% Cashback card deserved mention. Yes, Synchrony loves their high APRs but I'm not aware of any Sync billing & payment issues, my only complaint is the due date is 8 days prior to statement date, compared to Barclays' and BoA's 3 days prior to statement, but that's a minor issue for me. SD Cash Rewards if you get PayPal MC? Naw, I use Cash Rewards for 3% on gas and PayPal MC for all non-category spend.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My knock would be 

Yeah I have noticed that most sites don’t mention the PayPal and when they do, they rate it poorly for the high interest rates and lack of a SUB. Also they make sure to mention people’s complaints about Sync billing and payment issues. 

Its on my wish list but it would pretty much mean my cashRewards would end up being SD’d which I am not ready to do. 

Yeah, no mention of Uber with the same 4% on dining as Savor but no annual fee, although Savor does expand the 4% to entertainment. And yes, I think the PayPal 2% Cashback card deserved mention. Yes, Synchrony loves their high APRs but I'm not aware of any Sync billing & payment issues, my only complaint is the due date is 8 days prior to statement date, compared to Barclays' and BoA's 3 days prior to statement, but that's a minor issue for me. SD Cash Rewards if you get PayPal MC? Naw, I use Cash Rewards for 3% on gas and PayPal MC for all non-category spend.

I don’t have the BoA CR card, I have the NFCU CR card. Straight 1.5% but honestly I really like Navy Federal. 

I am going to see how things go with the new Sync Amazon Prime Store Card I got. I can’t even use it yet because I haven’t received it and Amazon wants me to put the card number in for verification but my TU will easily gain 90 points as all my 60, 90, and 120 day lates will be gone in July (sooner if I would actually call for EE but I want some accounts to age first anyway) so the PayPal MC is on a very short list.

Message 16 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My knock would be 

How are you getting 3% on gas with cash rewards?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My knock would be 

How are you getting 3% on gas with cash rewards?

He has BoA Cash Rewards. 

Message 18 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My knock would be 

I don't know what billing and payment issues people are talking about. I just redeemed my rewards and it was in my PayPal when I exited back to it. I also paid them last night around 11. They pulled the payment through PayPal at 6am and they already gave me credit for it even though it won't post to the balance for another day or two.

My cash rewards has been SD since I got this card. It's my favorite along with my amex because of how easy paying and redeeming is on those two.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My knock would be 

I don't know what billing and payment issues people are talking about. I just redeemed my rewards and it was in my PayPal when I exited back to it. I also paid them last night around 11. They pulled the payment through PayPal at 6am and they already gave me credit for it even though it won't post to the balance for another day or two.

My cash rewards has been SD since I got this card. It's my favorite along with my amex because of how easy paying and redeeming is on those two.

Screw it, I’ll go for it. Not until TU is clean though, I don’t want a low SL. Plus I just poked the Sync bear for my Amazon card this month already, don’t want to spook them. My CR would still get Member Mall usage so it wouldn’t be an SD card. 

If the payment comes out through PayPal, that’s an added bonus although I will probably set up push payments from my bank for the cards anyway for simplicity. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.