Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Chase CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Chase CC?

I got my Chase Platinum in the mail today and was wondering if it's the top level at Chase, or is the whole "platinum" thing getting overused with CCC these days? I was looking on the Chase website and they have about a hundred different cards. Exactly which card is usually the most difficult (credit wise) to obtain from them?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
spygame
Valued Member

Re: Best Chase CC?

i was rejected for a Chase platinum sony card 3 weeks ago, stating too many recent inquires, and not enough account history....when there were only a few auto inquires in the last 6 months.....i think the pulled experian..Since then have had some positive tradelines showing..old accounts updated, low utilization, so the score went up drastically....60 points......just got approved for the AMEX gold rewards card, and re applied for the Chase sony card last night( did it back to back so that neither would see the inquiry)... Chase again pending approval....**bleep** it i really want the PS3.....  

myfico.com
ex 717
eq 711
tu(i love you)-758
Message 2 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Since it pays to get your card to pay you the Chase Freedom Card has to be the best offering.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
Since it pays to get your card to pay you the Chase Freedom Card has to be the best offering.

Agreed chase freedom plus is the way to go
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

But that's only the case for those that don't carry balances.  For those that do carry balances, especially large ones, The Freedom card isn't the best because the interest rate is higher. 

In that case the Platinum has a lower interest rate and is better. 

After all, who cares about the rewards if they're eaten up by your finance charge.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

woopah wrote:

smallfry wrote:

But that's only the case for those that don't carry balances.  For those that do carry balances, especially large ones, The Freedom card isn't the best because the interest rate is higher. 

After all, who cares about the rewards if they're eaten up by your finance charge.

Like the other cards in the Chase family, Freedom offers increased reward points (redeemable for cash) for the things you spend the most on. The “plus” is unlimited earning, no caps and no expiration dates on rewards. The $30 annual fee is waived the first year.

BTW i have both chase freedom and chase mc both APR is 14.9
Message 6 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

IF you plan on revolving a balance in this credit climate you might be better served by carrying it on a credit union card and not on one of the major bank cards.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

IF you plan on revolving a balance in this credit climate you might be better served by carrying it on a credit union card and not on one of the major bank cards.

That's true, but it's another YMMV, I have never had a problem carrying large balances for long periods of time on any of my credit cards.  I have not seen a CLD when I finally paid the cards off, which I have been doing for the last year.  And in fact many of my cards actually gave me a CLI when I paid about 90% of the original balance off. 

Granted, I also don't have, nor do I ever plan on getting Amex.
Message 8 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Woopah what you were able to do last year and in previous years is getting to be risky credit behaviour. It just isn't a good idea to let the banks think you cannot PIF every month. Not just AmEx.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.