Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Chase credit card and why?

tag
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Best Chase credit card and why?

I have a regular Chase credit card without any rewards and want to switch into something else. What is the best card and why? Should I go for Chase Freedom? It seems that everyone like it, but I can't figure out why.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Chase credit card and why?

You need to figure out what type of rewards you want. If you like cars and want to earn points towards those, get the Chase Audi, VW or Subaru cards. If you like Disneyland and Disney World, I think they offer a Disney card. If you like the Mexican National Soccer team, they have a rewards card for that. (They also have a few colleges and some other retail rewards cards.)

The Freedom (and I don't have one so I am not an expert) I think lets you choose what categories your rewards are made up of. Like dining out, gas, groceries. etc etc.

It depends on what you want to use as a reward.  Me personally, I would love to have the Freedom card. But if you like Volkswagen, you can score points towards a better lease and free parts.

So now you have to choose.

(No real edit, just fixed a few typos)

Message Edited by Pappy214 on 04-09-2009 10:27 AM
Message 2 of 14
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Thanks for useless reply. Your ability to stress the obvious is non-parallel. Anyone else?
Message 3 of 14
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Are you serious? That was one of the rudest posts I have read. I don't think you'll get much help on these forums with an attitude like that. Shame on you.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should be ashamed of yourself OP.

Pappy isnt getting paid to answer your questions - he is doing it free of charge... instead of appreciating his reply you are being insultive!!

Oh My God... Learn to be a little respective.

Had you really read what Pappy wrote, it would have answered your questions.

Moderators, any way we could review this post? OP was clearly being insulting to Pappy...

Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Mak1806:

This is a reminder to be friendly, supportive and respectful when posting in the forums. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The regular Chase freedom card is kind of lame now. Depending on how much you are putting through the card you may want to opt for the Freedom Plus.
Message 7 of 14
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Jon,

Thank you for helpful answer. Can you clarify why you think it is lame? Are you recommending Freedom Plus because they increased 3% cash back from 3 categories to 6 or is there other reasons?

Angry posters,

If your post doens't add value, don't post. Initial reply was as vague as it could be and I don't see any positive alpha in it. 

Message 8 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

maks1806 wrote:

Angry posters,

If your post doens't add value, don't post. Initial reply was as vague as it could be and I don't see any positive alpha in it. 

If you have issues with another poster, please bring it to the attention of a mod. There is no reason to continue on like this, its serves no purpose. Thank you for contributing!

--fused, myfico moderator.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maks1806 wrote:

Jon,

Thank you for helpful answer. Can you clarify why you think it is lame? Are you recommending Freedom Plus because they increased 3% cash back from 3 categories to 6 or is there other reasons?

Angry posters,

Wooh....somebody sure took a whiz in your wheaties this mornin'. 

In any case, another good thing about the Freedom PLUS is that the rewards are not capped. So if you are capable of pushing a good amount of money through the card each month, you can really rack up a lot of cash back (or point or whatever rewards method your choose). 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.