cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Credit Card for your Experience (TRAVEL only) ready GO!

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Best Credit Card for your Experience (TRAVEL only) ready GO!

Since the other post seemed to attract a lot of opinions now I am curious as to which CC TRAVEL people prefer...which has more perks which did they have the least trouble traveling with...great SL, CLI etc.....AAAAAAAAAAND GO!  Smiley Very Happy

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Credit Card for your Experience (TRAVEL only) ready GO!

Im just using Amex Gold, CSR, Propel and Freedom.

Message 2 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

If you could pick your favorite which would it be and why?!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

probably csr at the moment.

good reward structure, lounge access, visa network, good fixed redemption rate, work with my other chase cards.

Message 4 of 10
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

If I had known what I was doing when I started I would have the Chase trifecta (CSR,CF,CFU) but since I didn't and got over 5/24 very very fast I've learned to really enjoy my Platinum/Gold setup as the earning rate on gold is great and the FHR perks are very nice. If I could go back though I would probably choose the Chase trifecta just for lower AF and easier credits.
Message 5 of 10
Stralem
Established Contributor

Lots of domestic flights with around 3 or so trans-oceanic flights per year. Similarly, lots of hotel stays.

Given this, I really lean on two cards when traveling: Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve. I'll throw a hotel card into the mix if I'm staying at a particular brand, but that's usually on domestic trips.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 6 of 10
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Since I don't travel a lot, i like tge wf propel. Don't need separate hotel and flight cards. Since i m a wf client ( one of the few people here that wf has treated well instead of screwing over) managing the card us easy, plus they gave me my largest SCL.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold for me. Dining and groceries make up somewhere around 60% of my monthly CC spend (I pay rent via check so). I use Grubhub a ton so the credit always gets used. The customer service is always top notch. I'm also a bit of a sucker for the Rose Gold aesthetic. It's a bit of a unique color compared to most other cards out there. Even though I am not traveling quite as much as anticipated when I first got it, I'm still getting incredible value out of it at the moment.

I see a few others mentioning the WF Propel in this thread as well. That's probably next on my list since I am not traveling quite as much as anticipated when I got the Amex Gold and wouldn't mind the cash back option in case.

Message 8 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

IME:  my grandfathered Cap1 NHM card (functionally equivalent to a Venture, minus the AF) with 2% cashback on all purchases redeemable at full value for travel, and my FNBO Travelite card (3% on all travel purchases plus annual $100 travel incidentals credit and free TSA-Pre reimbursement credit, all with no AF).  I also have the Propel card but tbh, it doesn't really get that much use by me these days since I'm not really thrilled about the high go-to APR I have on it.

Message 9 of 10
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

For people who do not travel extensively, Citi Premier + Citi Double Cash is a very good combination.  You keep the AF low and can still transfer to partners.  Also, you get 1.25 cpps cash redemption on travels.  You can get even higher with Rewards+ card without any AF.  

Also Citi is not limited as Chase's 5/24. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.