Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best First Navy Fed Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best First Navy Fed Card

What is the best first Navy Fed card to go after? I finally opened a savings with them and used the pre-qual tool and all their cards came up. I know it doesn't guarantee approval, but I wanted to get some feeeback on which card is best? Based off what I'm seeing, the Cash Rewarda card seems more fitting. Not sure how everyone felt about that one. Also, do they pull from a specific bureau for all cards, or does it vary for each card? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Re: Best First Navy Fed Card

It depends on what you're wanting from the card.   I have a wallet full of different rewards and cash back cards that fit most of my needs in general.    I went for the Platinum for 5.99%, I felt like it was better in case I needed to put a large purchase on a card and spread it out over time.   

If you don't have any cash back cards, CashRewards is a good general category card that pays 1.5% back with no fees.   If one of the other cards fits your spending better, then go with them.    That's what I did, the Platinum fit a spot that I didn't have.  

They pull TU for any card you select.    

Message 2 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     I love my CR card, (Flagship will be a lot harder to get as a first card if it was one you were considering) and honestly I wouldn't trust the Prequal if you did it online?!?!      Should be the same pull from CB for the different cards, I haven't seen a DP suggesting otherwise Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fatcomic 

Thank you! I think the cash rewards will do fine. I have the Discover cash back for rewards. 

Of course they'd pull the one bureau with the most inquires lol. I'm at 5 for TU

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     I love my CR card, (Flagship will be a lot harder to get as a first card if it was one you were considering) and honestly I wouldn't trust the Prequal if you did it online?!?!      Should be the same pull from CB for the different cards, I haven't seen a DP suggesting otherwise Smiley Happy

Yes I did the pre-qual online. Is it not that accurate? I also went to the my offers tab and the cash rewards card came up there. 

Message 5 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     Everyone I have seen try it/go by the Prequal said it wasn't accurate so I wouldn't trust it ^^    You can always call in or shoot for it if you want to give DP's we can let you know if you would be a good standing etc.    But that would be my best advice Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the best first Navy Fed card to go after? I finally opened a savings with them and used the pre-qual tool and all their cards came up. I know it doesn't guarantee approval, but I wanted to get some feeeback on which card is best? Based off what I'm seeing, the Cash Rewarda card seems more fitting. Not sure how everyone felt about that one. Also, do they pull from a specific bureau for all cards, or does it vary for each card? 

The best is whats best for you not us, except Flagship, its their Flagship and much harder to land on first attemptSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fatcomic 

Thank you! I think the cash rewards will do fine. I have the Discover cash back for rewards. 

Of course they'd pull the one bureau with the most inquires lol. I'm at 5 for TU

I have 20, never stopped me from dropping a Navy bomb😁

Message 8 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Yes I did the pre-qual online. Is it not that accurate? I also went to the my offers tab and the cash rewards card came up there. 

Prequals are more cosmetic. Their great if you get approved, the devil if rejected 😡 Good omen its in your offers tab. All i get is the equivalent of Penfeds Turbotax offersSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit    LOL XD

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.