cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best High SL for BOA Rewards Cards?? (Please Help)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best High SL for BOA Rewards Cards?? (Please Help)

So, none of my cards are even close to being maxed out. They are spread out very well! Under offers, when I logon onto my BOA checking and savings acct It just says these offers have been selected for me. Is there another place on the website that would say if I’m preapproved? ....FYI, I do have a preapproval right now in my American Express for either there Hilton card or there SPG card. Do you know anything about either? Which is better? The Hilton is giving 125,000 bonus points and has a $95 annual fee, while the SPG card is giving 75,000 points bonus, and no annual fee , I believe the first year, then $95 per year. I know the Hilton is an old-school hotel group with a lot of Hotels out of the USA in other countries. I don’t really travel internationally. SPG, might be good...... Thoughts? On the Amex offers? They are guarantees, and definitely will be soft balls,! That’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger with that yet. But, would like to do so......anyway, I have my checking account with BOA, and a preapproval with Amex for either of those two cards. What are your thoughts? One more crazy question. Does it matter when you apply online for a card? Is Sunday night not a good time? Should you do it Monday through Friday during normal people’s business hours? Or, does the algorithm make the time of day and day not matter?
M
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Soft pulls, i meant... hahahaha. Sorry.
Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You don't have to be pre-approved, just a bit of extra security.. Honestly if you want a BofA card I personally think you would be fine, but the pre-approvals look like this I have a few now, but nothing of interest and the APR's are on the high end for me although i try to PIF monthly.

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.01.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.03.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.05.57 PM.png

That is what a BofA pre-approval looks like although 99% of my cards I have gotten have never had pre-approvals other than Cap1 and a few Chase cards.  So don't put to much weight on those..  

Since you have an Amex card you are probably pre-approved for any of their card and the worse case on new cards they are only SP for approvals or denials, it really comes down to whether you can use another Amex card and what value you want from one of their cards if they are appealing to you or not.   I usually myself go for cards for their sign-up bonus and then use most of my spending on a 2% card there after such as a Citi Double Cash card to maximize my spend or if eating out on the CSR, etc..  Really depends on your need as we can tell you what you want in a card with regards to rewards, etc...  I think you probably if you want a BofA card would be fine personally even if not pre-approved, fine with Amex as well or probably most other lenders like Citi (although more conservative on CL's), etc...  Best of luck on whatever you decide to do and hopefully some of the info was helpful

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your Sunday to help better inform me. Really!!! Thanks. I would love the Citi for the 2% and you are soooo right, rewards is for me. I think I’m going to pull the trigger for the BOA Cash Rewards. I think that may be a good start, unless the premium rewards card might be the better choice? If I don’t get approved, I’ll go with the Amex x Pre-Approval. Fingers crossed . Will update.

Mark
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw.... One more quick question. Where do you get to that offer screen in your pic. Mine looks a little different when I log into my bank account. I just go to special offers for me. Is that where you go? Is there a different tab. Thanks again for everything
Message 15 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Btw.... One more quick question. Where do you get to that offer screen in your pic. Mine looks a little different when I log into my bank account. I just go to special offers for me. Is that where you go? Is there a different tab. Thanks again for everything

Yes that is where you go and it would show at least one card there currently i am "pre-approved or pre-quaified" with set aprs for 3 cards alaska, the simple bt card and the travel rewards card.  Granted sure i probably could get other ones as well although have had issues getting premium rewards in the past due alot of new accounts and they protect that card more-so than others.

not a problem on the help.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.