Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Idea for Balance Transfer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Idea for Balance Transfer?

Okay, so I have a Barclaycard partnered with Apple that is now closed (couldn't afford to make the $270 a month minimum payments at the time)... This is a card I had a few years back that was my main card for financing purchaes. I didn't have the knowledge and care to utilize about points programs and all that like I do now.

The problem with the card is it has a $6,400 balance still, and the interest rate is something like 23.24%. My credit score isn't anything to cheer about either, somewhere around 600. Are there any cards out there that I can apply and do a balance transfer to so I can both pay the debt down faster AND do it with either a 0% interest rate or a much lower interest rate overall?

Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Idea for Balance Transfer?

Is that card reporting closed with the balance on your CRAs? You may have a heard time with your scores getting a good limit on a new card and one that will offer a 0% balance transfer offer overall. You may way to think about a loan or line of credit with a credit union..I would look online at credit pulls to see the average approved scores...Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are indeed correct, it's reporting as closed.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, I think due to your score of 600, it may even be to the point where you may only get approved for a secured card. Even if you were approved, it probably wouldn't nearly be for the limit you need to cover the balance.

With that said, I think the loan, or something along those lines is an idea to look into, as tamara said.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.