Best/Longest 0% APR Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best/Longest 0% APR Card

@FroggieMom wrote:

@impactplayer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to say I got a nice long 0% APR and great perks with my Citi DC, but then I saw your signature...  Citi typically offers close to 2 years on their other cards, Citi Diamond Preferred and/or Simplicity but those perks are pretty meh...  Anything popping up on prequals for AMEX?  When wifey and I got our ED cards (great for stashing MR points) we had a nice long no interest period as well as decent rewards...

Oz

Unfortunately, the prequalification link on Amex is not working for me right now. Not sure why. But I just checked my email and seem to have a pretty sweet offer for the USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum. It is telling me (i) $0 introductory fee on each balance transfer through April 30, 2017, (ii) 0% APR on balance transfers until August 1, 2018, (iii) after that, standard APR of 8.40% and (iv) no annual fee. 

This seems like a pretty great solution. I could charge everything to my Citi DC, then transfer the balance to this card for no fee and 0% APR until August 2018. That way I get an extended no interest period and 2% CB. That may be the best of both worlds. Any thoughts? 

You will not earn 2% CB on the balance you transfer....just so you know.  I don't know what area you live in but I have a Nebraska Furniture Mart near me and they offer way longer interest free promos on purchases that any other card.  They pull EXP IIRC.  Large selection of furniture, flooring, accessories, appliances at decent prices.  They stand behind what they sell too.  I just purchased a mattress from them a few weeks ago and when we took the plastic off the corner was stained (which was weird) I called them up about it knowing stains will void the warranty and they brought out a new one, no charge...even though we didn't have the 1st one delivered Smiley Very Happy.  Other furniture stores offer similar promos, unless you are staying away from store cards entirely and want another major card.  Congrats on the new house!

Why would the OP not get 2% cashback?  Make purchase on the Citi DC (2% cash back), BT away from Citi to USAA...

Oz

Message 11 of 19
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@FroggieMom wrote:

@impactplayer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to say I got a nice long 0% APR and great perks with my Citi DC, but then I saw your signature...  Citi typically offers close to 2 years on their other cards, Citi Diamond Preferred and/or Simplicity but those perks are pretty meh...  Anything popping up on prequals for AMEX?  When wifey and I got our ED cards (great for stashing MR points) we had a nice long no interest period as well as decent rewards...

Oz

Unfortunately, the prequalification link on Amex is not working for me right now. Not sure why. But I just checked my email and seem to have a pretty sweet offer for the USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum. It is telling me (i) $0 introductory fee on each balance transfer through April 30, 2017, (ii) 0% APR on balance transfers until August 1, 2018, (iii) after that, standard APR of 8.40% and (iv) no annual fee. 

This seems like a pretty great solution. I could charge everything to my Citi DC, then transfer the balance to this card for no fee and 0% APR until August 2018. That way I get an extended no interest period and 2% CB. That may be the best of both worlds. Any thoughts? 

You will not earn 2% CB on the balance you transfer....

I believe OP is saying they will purchase the furniture on the Citi, getting 2%, and then BT to the USAA card. Are you saying they won't get CB if they transfer the balance over after buying the furniture?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 12 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MrsCHX wrote:

@FroggieMom wrote:

@impactplayer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oz

You will not earn 2% CB on the balance you transfer....

I believe OP is saying they will purchase the furniture on the Citi, getting 2%, and then BT to the USAA card. Are you saying they won't get CB if they transfer the balance over after buying the furniture?

Yes, looks like the confusion that came up on another thread today.  OP WILL get the 2%, the balance transfer is FROM DC, and so is just like any other payment.

Message 13 of 19
gardini51
Valued Member

I know for a fact that you will get the full 2% on your DC if you BT your balance away from it. I did a BT from my DC to my Freedom and got the second 1% on the 'payment'.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think US Bank once sent me a 22 months 0% APR offer
Message 15 of 19
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

I apologize for the confusion.  I was assuming OP was talking about getting 2% CB from the transfer TO the USAA card.  They would indeed earn CB on the initial purchase with the DC.  I thought they were saying their USAA card offered 2% CB, my bad Smiley Sad

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 16 of 19
impactplayer
New Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@impactplayer wrote:

How about your current Discover, try to get a 0%/12 month APR promo.

Next quarter they will offer 5% on Home Improvement Stores. Also check the Discover Deals, for extra cash back. 

So the 0% APR intro period just ended on my Discover. I tried chatting with two different agents to get that promo again but no dice. Is there a specific timeframe that I have to wait? 

Message 17 of 19
impactplayer
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think US Bank once sent me a 22 months 0% APR offer

I just got a 21 month offer from them in the mail. If the SL on the USAA card is low, I may just try for that one as well. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT currently has a 21 month 0% BT promo
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.