cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best No AF & FTF cards for ppl with low credit profile?

tag
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Best No AF & FTF cards for ppl with low credit profile?

What are the best Visa or MC cards with No Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees for people with low scores, young, and thin credit profile?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best NF & NX cards for ppl with low credit profile?

Take a look at Discover or Capital One. I think the paypal card has no AF with 2%. But Discover and Capital One has options for nascent credit profiles. BOFA's americards have no FTF I think. 

@TyRacing

@TyRacing
Message 2 of 20
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I wouldnt say your scores are low. Looks like you have 2 cards and established some history with BoA. They wont unsecure you after a year and a half? The experts will be on soon. But to me and this JMO. You could get whatever you want with the young thin file companies want to approve. Cash back or travel or dining. Let the gang know what is your preference. I will say adding a 3rd card will help. And maybe try for a BoA unsecured card since you have some history with them. Again JMO.

Message 3 of 20
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I wouldnt say your scores are low. Looks like you have 2 cards and established some history with BoA. They wont unsecure you after a year and a half? The experts will be on soon. But to me and this JMO. You could get whatever you want with the young thin file companies want to approve. Cash back or travel or dining. Let the gang know what is your preference. I will say adding a 3rd card will help. And maybe try for a BoA unsecured card since you have some history with them. Again JMO.

yes boa did unsecure my card sorry. and i should try to upgrade it to the boa Travel Rewards card.

beside that what other cards? Cashback on Dining, Entertainment, and Groceries like on the C1 Savor one would be great. and also the Uber Visa would be good. But I need higher credit file for approval? No?

@Anonymous not discover not accepted everywhere outside US. but

Have the Following:

Message 4 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

It’s been 10 years since I had the PayPal MasterCard. I got it at age 18 with only an auto loan reporting.

Capital one QS1/QS are going to be your standard cash back cards with no FTF.

BoA is a decent choice but is more limited to how you redeem those rewards as they only can be used as a statement credit towards travel. BoA is going to be harder to get an approval for then most of Cap 1’s cards.

Try all the prequalified sites and see what you get.

US Bank Travel rewards Visa is a good option. It does have an annual fee of $49 but it’s pretty easy to get that waived every year from what I can tell. It also gives you GoGoAir WiFi passes that can exceed the value of $49 if you travel a decent amount and use the WiFi.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 20
MidnightKnight
New Contributor

Give the PayPal 2% a shot I only had about 6 months of credit history when I apped for it.

Message 6 of 20
creditfan
Established Contributor

try their capital one

none of them has FTF

Message 7 of 20
SBR249
Established Contributor

I'd say you have a decent shot with Discover, CapOne, or the Synchrony Paypal CB MC. If you are a Costco member you could also give the Citi Costco Visa a shot though probably best to wait another 2 months until your AAoA reaches a year. If you are willing to wait until 1 year you might even be OK for the Chase Amazon Prime Visa if you have Amazon Prime. If you want to go the CU route, I think PenFed might be OK, again if you wait another 2 months until the 1yr anniversary. 

Message 8 of 20
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

The C1 Pre-qualified form asks "HOW DO YOU RATE YOUR CREDIT LEVEL?" REBUILDING, AVERAGE, EXCELLENT so whats my credit level Average? 

Got some Pre-qualified offers Discover it Secured, BoA Cashback or Traval Rewards.

Have the Following:

Message 9 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

From what I remember. BoA prequalified isn’t accurate. It’s more marketing then anything.

Always look for a solid APR instead of a range and language such as congratulations you are preapproved.

Avoid APR ranges and we recommend.
This is standard marketing they have personalized.

You can put anything in that cap 1 credit level field. It doesn’t change anything.
I think it’s more for cap 1 to get an idea of what customers think of their credit vs what it really is

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.