Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Option For Balance Transfer Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Option For Balance Transfer Card

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I'm looking for a new card that I can hopefully use to transfer the balance of my Cap1 card to. I am considering the Citi Platinum Select because of the 0% for up to 21 months. Would like some opinions on which card I have the best chance of qualifying for and which will work best for me.
Current Eq FICO is 706. Tu and Ex are both higher and have less inquiries so it would be great if I one of them were pulled instead of Eq.
My total util is about 11%.
I have a Cap1 card with $2500cl, Green Amex, and 6 store cards. AU on WalMart Discover $12,000cl and Sears MC $12,800cl.
1 open car loan for $30K and 2 paid car loans.
1 student loan showing late for 3 consecutive months a year ago on Eq and Tu only. (online payment problems)
Eq shows a $10 CO from 2006.
Ex has a paid medical collection from 2006.
So Eq student loan lates and charge off, Ex paid med collection, Tu student loan lates.
New mortgage not yet reporting.
AAoA 5 years.
Suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Option For Balance Transfer Card

Citi has a 23 month 0% if you search for it

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great! I've been searching online to see which companies pull which bureau but it seems to be hit or miss and frequently Eq in this area. I would love to get the usaa Amex but from what I'm seeing I probably wouldn't qualify and they have pulled Eq on me for other products over the years. That's why I figured I'd try for something with a good balance transfer deal. I don't owe much but it would be nice to move what's there to 0%.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you eligible for NFCU? They usually pull EQ (but there have been more recent reports of them pulling TU as well), and they're currently offering 0% for 12 months.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I'm aware of. I only have usaa because of my grandfathers. From the looks of nfcu requirements they would have to be members them bring me in. As far as I know they are not.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. I only have usaa because of my grandfathers. From the looks of nfcu requirements they would have to be members them bring me in. As far as I know they are not.

Hmmm... I received a pre-approval for the REI Visa last week (underwritten by US Bank), offering 18 months at 0%, but there was a 4% BT fee. Also, you might try visiting the Credit Card Center.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I decided to just go for it and apply for the usaa Amex that I really wanted 1st. They don't have any special balance transfer promotion but I know it's a good card that will grow with me. To my surprise I was instantly approved for a $3,000cl at 13.99%. I'm very happy with this! I'm debating if I should try for the Citi card now. I would still like to get it and transfer the balance of my cap1 but I don't want to press my luck. I'm assuming usaa pulled Eq. Citi usually uses Tu or Ex right?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After looking a little more it seems Citi is likely to pull Eq. I checked discover and they might pull Tu. I'd really like to get a bt deal but want to avoid another inq on Eq if possible.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.