cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Time of Day to Check One's Credit Reports?

tag
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Best Time of Day to Check One's Credit Reports?

Do CRAs do their updates throughout the day, or do they update at a certain time of day--say, at midnight?

I'm asking because I currently pull my once-daily Credit Karma and Experian website FAKOs each AM before I go to work, since my brain is at its clearest in the morning. I also reconcile my CC receipts to my CC accounts (online), and verify all checking, savings, and CC account balances. All while enjoying my strong coffee/Rum Chada combo (if you haven't tried this yet, you NEED to!)

As always, my dear credit bros and sis's, thanks in advance for any info. you can provide.

Peace out and happy Monday to ya',

-Trish

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Time of Day to Check One's Credit Reports?

Too funny, I have gotten into the habit of checking twice a day. I noticed there is a huge difference between what is reported and the time it gets posted to my CR. I have opened up 7 new accounts recently and only 2 have showed up with Ex. Could be they are reporting to TU and EF and not EX

Message 2 of 3
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Time of Day to Check One's Credit Reports?

I feel that EX updates accounts closer to real time and the other two seem to update on a more closer to open of business schedule.  

TU never really seemed to update on weekends.  I'd get my best updates for them closer to 8AM on Monday.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.