Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Visa option?

tag
rosegardener
Established Member

Best Visa option?

I am helping my mom figure out what sort of Visa card to get next.  She would like a cash back rewards visa, will secondarily consider a travel rewards.   Willing to consider up to $100 AF.  All tradelines are $10,000 +, scores in 800's, no baddies ever.  Current utilization is around 10% on one card (Amex revolver).  AAOA I am guessing is likely around 10 years.  Income well over $100K mark.  Generally a PIF person unless taking judicious advantage of a 0% financing offer for a necessary large purchase.  She is currently considering Chase Sapphire & JP Morgan Select.  What say ye, oh gods and goddesses of credit wisdom? Smiley Happy

Edited to add: Zip inquiries on any report, been about 2 1/2 years since last app at least, prolly longer.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Visa option?

@rosegardener wrote:

I am helping my mom figure out what sort of Visa card to get next.  She would like a cash back rewards visa, will secondarily consider a travel rewards.   Willing to consider up to $100 AF.  All tradelines are $10,000 +, scores in 800's, no baddies ever.  Current utilization is around 10% on one card (Amex revolver).  AAOA I am guessing is likely around 10 years.  Income well over $100K mark.  Generally a PIF person unless taking judicious advantage of a 0% financing offer for a necessary large purchase.  She is currently considering Chase Sapphire & JP Morgan Select.  What say ye, oh gods and goddesses of credit wisdom? Smiley Happy

Sapphire is a good pick. What cards does she have currently??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
rosegardener
Established Member

That would be helpful, wouldn't it.... not with her currently so this is going to only be so informative

Belk

Chase Slate

Amex Blue Cash (can't remember if BCP since it's not in front of me)

Mastercard....was Sears store card years ago, then was upgraded into some flavor of MC (this one is SD unless an appliance is needed)

Gah there is another card running around in there I know, what it is precisely is escaping me.  I want to say MC again, and that it was a GE Electric branded card years ago but morphed into something else over the years.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 3 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

Far and away the best pick for her would be the JP Morgan Select.  She would certainly qualify with her scores, and it's a hidden trade line that does NOT report to the CRA's.  Someone in her position, credit wise, could benefit from this.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rosegardener wrote:

That would be helpful, wouldn't it.... not with her currently so this is going to only be so informative

Belk

Chase Slate

Amex Blue Cash (can't remember if BCP since it's not in front of me)

Mastercard....was Sears store card years ago, then was upgraded into some flavor of MC (this one is SD unless an appliance is needed)

Gah there is another card running around in there I know, what it is precisely is escaping me.  I want to say MC again, and that it was a GE Electric branded card years ago but morphed into something else over the years.

EDIT: forgot she wants a VISA

I agree with android the JPM Select with it being a hidden TL is a very nice benefit and she would be qualified for it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Pen fed platinum rewards would be another good one. 5 percent gas 3 percent groceries and 1 percent on everything else. No af and a 250 dollar sign up bonus after minimum spend.  You have to join Penfed to qualify but as I recall it only requires a 20 dollar donation and maybe 10 or so dollars in a savings account with them

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.