Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card for my 18 year old?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Best card for my 18 year old?

@mk2012 wrote:

So I just read this thread and applied for my 18 year old son with NFCU. He has been a member there for about a year and maintains a good checking account, he makes 15k a year and they just approved him for 10,200! for the cash rewards card. Any idea why they would give him such a high limit??? Im kinda freak out right now.

Congratulations on DS approval! Mark his calendar for 91 days and 3 statements for card number 2! Then repeat for card number 3!

Message 21 of 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@mk2012 wrote:

So I just read this thread and applied for my 18 year old son with NFCU. He has been a member there for about a year and maintains a good checking account, he makes 15k a year and they just approved him for 10,200! for the cash rewards card. Any idea why they would give him such a high limit??? Im kinda freak out right now.

Congratulations on DS approval! Mark his calendar for 91 days and 3 statements for card number 2! Then repeat for card number 3!

For your reading pleasureSmiley Very Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 22 of 50
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@mk2012 wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 23 of 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@mk2012 wrote:

Message 24 of 50
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@mk2012 wrote:

This thread needs a cat with a pancake on its head | Fluffy vegan ...

Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mk2012 wrote:

This is what NFCU is known for. As long as you teach him to be responsible with it, it's a huge boost to a young file. 

Message 26 of 50
mk2012

Thank you. I taught him very well. I am just surprised at the high limit. I checked his FICO because I added him as AU to my DISC card about 3 months ago and its at a 699! Hes def getting a better start than I did. Thanks for the insight

Message 27 of 50
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

Update: just waiting on ms discover to report  New balance with the payment I just made. Called Friday for a off cycle report once that huts the reports we will apply sounds like a good order would be

nfcu

discover

cap one 

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 28 of 50
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@aesl1982 wrote:

Update: just waiting on ms discover to report  New balance with the payment I just made. Called Friday for a off cycle report once that huts the reports we will apply sounds like a good order would be

nfcu

discover

cap one 

Good luck!

Save the scores, AAoA, AoYA, Utilization and total accounts and share with us at the time?

I'm excited to see what you can pull off, good luck!

Message 29 of 50
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

Transunion 768, Experian 725(only two of the four AU are reporting, Equifax 758. Income 26k oldest AU account was 4 years youngest AU account 6 months. No credit of her own just 4 Au's. Util at 32% Well applied for her  in this order here are results

nfcu cash rewards- 15k starting limit @16.49

discover- pre qual approved for secured didn't app. Issue may be pre qual is through Experian, cold app is Equifax?

cap one- no pre qual offers

amex- pre approved for everyday and cash magnet, went to app and says name doesn't match their records so who knows? Redid it on a desktop and approved for 1k for the everyday cash. 

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.