Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card(s) with pre-approval?

tag
Alucard
New Contributor

Best card(s) with pre-approval?

I know discover, cap one, amex, Gemini, and X1 have pre-approval but are there anymore that you recommend? Google can be iffy sometimes when it comes to Pre-approvals at the credit union level so im hoping you can share your recommendations. 

also, I noticed a lot of NFCU approvals recently. Do you have to be in the service or directly related to someone to become a member? I know some CUs have secondary avenues to meet the qualifications (like joining a partner organizations or things of that nature). 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best card(s) with pre-approval?

@Alucard wrote:

I know discover, cap one, amex, Gemini, and X1 have pre-approval but are there anymore that you recommend? Google can be iffy sometimes when it comes to Pre-approvals at the credit union level so im hoping you can share your recommendations. 

also, I noticed a lot of NFCU approvals recently. Do you have to be in the service or directly related to someone to become a member? I know some CUs have secondary avenues to meet the qualifications (like joining a partner organizations or things of that nature). 

Aside from the known FinTechs, there's already an active topic in the General Credit section of the forums on some of the others:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-Pull-Pre-Qualify-Links-Part-2-Updated-2-...

Also, what recommendations are you looking for since the topic wasn't specific about what you're looking for in a 'pre-approved' offer. The few recent threads you've posted indicated a Citi Simplicity denial, frustrations for not getting Capital One CLIs, two $3,500 back-to-back PenFed approvals...and the X1 CLD 🤷‍♂️

For NFCU, the pre-approved portal isn't reliable or solid. To become a member you can check the NFCU website for eligibility or the Personal Finance board for DPs on how to join.

Message 2 of 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Apple

Regions

Truist

Wells Fargo

FNBO

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

While it never works for me (error message), here is the citi pre-screen.

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/cards/pre-screen

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.