Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card to pad utilization?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best card to pad utilization?

My best SL to date has been for 30K w Navy. What other credit unions/banks provide the best SLs?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Best card to pad utilization?

SL would depend on a lot Of factors. FICO score, Credit Profile, Income & DTI, Relationship, etc.... 

CSP, Amex, BoA, citi co-branded (Costco, AAdvantage) to name a few have been reported to give out very good SLs as long as profile supports it.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 13
tcbofade
Super Contributor

If it's honestly just for padding, go for a Lowe's card... they grow quickly!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

If it's honestly just for padding, go for a Lowe's card... they grow quickly!

+1

Even if they dont start you out at a high SL, I sure have seen a lot of $35K SL's

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Get a Care Credit or Navy Cloc. Most people dont use them but can get 15-20k padding lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Get a Care Credit or Navy Cloc. Most people dont use them but can get 15-20k padding lolSmiley Wink

I would get the Care Credit. 

Navy limits are too precious to waste on CLOC. 

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, why i havent tried for cloc , though i highly doubt i could get more than i have right now anywaySmiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, why i havent tried for cloc , though i highly doubt i could get more than i have right now anywaySmiley Wink

I got a $500 one when I was thinking about moving my banking to NFCU which would have been plenty for credit card minimums but I ultimately decided to just stick with my bank so I may close it some day since it brings down my average revolving limit. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know about the Lowe's! Thing is, my score will take a hit once a couple of BTs show, so I might have a hard time getting any CLIs a few months from now, atleast until those balances get paid down. 

@ averageJoe Navy has been good to me. I started w a 10K Amex 18-months ago and now have both that and the Platinum at 30K. I'm considering applying for a third but skeptical they'd offer me more, considering I already have a large 0%APR balance on the Plat. Current TU/EQ took a huge hit down to 680 from 805 after transfering that balance. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went for the Lowe's and received only 1K...lol. Any point to calling in a recon? Suppose it can't hurt

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.