Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best cards?

I've seen several references to people's preferences for certain cards (e.g. Discover or Amex) and was wondering why that is? Is there a ranking system for types of credit cards? Is it based on APR, high CL, customer service, what? In other words, where/why would you rank the individual cards? Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread, but I didn't see one.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best cards?

If your screen name is an indication you are house hunting-
DON'T app for anything-

CC to each his own-

I for one had crappy cards from crappy companies -
Getting better terms- credit lines, APR's, customer service and rewards are the reasons for working with these companies.

After getting the level of service from these companies- It is really, really hard to talk to the crappy ones.

Some of us have "graduated" to these higher tiered cards after being stick in "Sub-prime hell"  

Message Edited by Timothy on 01-12-2008 09:12 AM
Message 2 of 6
Niki9
Regular Contributor

For me , right now is cl and APR  then customer service.

My Orchard card had the best cutomer service for the type of card that it was.

Now, I have cards with better CL APR and 24 hour customer service.  You can tell the difference.

They know when you are stuck with them and they know when you have options.

Cutomer Service is better when you have options.

Message 3 of 6
kbell
New Contributor

Reward cards are good if you are house hunting. Citi reward cards offer 3% cashback at homedepot.com; Chase offers 2% cashback.
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just make sure of your timing --it's best not to apply for anything 6 months before the mortgage app.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Simple answer your question is yes,  it is based on APR, high CL, customer service. You just answered your own question.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.