cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card from Navy federal union ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit card from Navy federal union ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yea l
I'm sure good ole Crapital one was the reason she was approved for the Flagship.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Lowes card and her excellent payment history and clean credit file.

Sarcasm is anger's nasty cousin. Just sayin'...

Perhaps your experience with Capital One is  more a reflection of you? 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it so hard for people to stay on topic and not resort to insults and other completely useless comments?  It's not fair to the OP who is new here and seeking advice for others to turn the thread into a ridiculous argument. Some of these posts are close to violating MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service so I highly recommend that they stop and posters return to offering useful advice to the OP.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol !

Navy Federal is an AWESOME bank !

Enjoy !
Message 13 of 17
germese1975
Regular Contributor

OP.....My scores were similar to yours when I applied to NFCU and the GoRewards credit card. They started me with a SL of $24,000. Their rewards program on the GoRewards is pretty nice. I've only had the card since March, and I accrued enough points to slap $260 rewards points on this last months bill. NFCU has an awesome customer service, and a branch pretty much anywhere you would be assigned to. I have taken my banking from USAA after 25 years and moved it over to NFCU...I kept the insurance there, though. I refinanced my truck with NFCU and dropped my interest rate 3%. I also applied for the CLOC and received the max $15,000, which really came in handy during the changeover in banks and some auto billing cycles! Oh.... after 3 months of being with NFCU, I tried for a CLI, but was denied. I was, however, approved for the Flagship with a SL of $6300.

You might also look into PenFed....I have had a checking account with them for about 18 years, but never really used it. I applied for their Platinum card and received a SL of $28,000 with an interest rate that was the same as my GoRewards.

As for my scores dropping, there really wasn't much of a drop because of HP.... maybe 5-10 points.

Good Luck!

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 14 of 17
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I realize your question is about the best credit card from NFCU. I would select the CashRewards Visa.

However, if I currently had two cards – one with capital one and one with USAA and was looking to add a card for my everyday spend, I would apply for the USAA Limitless card. In my opinion, it is better than any of the cards currently offered by NFCU.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 15 of 17
peghede
Valued Contributor

Best credit card from navy is the one you'll actually get  25k  and over.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Go Rewards because it gives you 3 percent on restaurants and no foreign transaction fees.  You need to earn 50 dollars before you can redeem for statement credit.  1.5 percent back cards are a dime a dozen.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.