Did you mean: 

Best flat rate cash back card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best flat rate cash back card?

@chhull00 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
But USBank is more conservative and may not be available to everyone.

Yes i started with 500, but if i can get it surely anyone can, my profile was not the best back thenSmiley LOLHeart

To me, US bank's 5% categories are in a lot of low spend categories, like streaming services. However, some of them are decent, but I found for my purposes a rotating 5% on 2 cards covers me well.

I have the DC card which I like a lot. They no longer have some of the perks they once had, like extended warranty, but I have enough spend on it to get 2% without the need for price protection or extended warranty. 

If you need an extended warranty, after you build up your CC portfolio, you can use a 1% card that has extended warranties. For example, buy something for 2,000 dollars and by using the 1% card with extended warranty protection, you're essentially buying an extended warranty for $20 (you give up that extended warranty using the DC card which netted you and additional 1%, or $20.)

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

DC and PPMC are excellent imo. The PPMC is great as it has 0 tedemption so its pure flat cash back. No need to hit $25 min like DC. I believe its no FTF and is a simple card to use.

Only thing I don't like about PPMC is the requirement of transferring rewards to your PayPal account first. An extra step. 

Message 22 of 36
JNA1
Valued Contributor

To the folks with the Citi DC, and PPMC -

Can you just let the rewards sit there and accrue before redeeming them? That’s what I like to do with my Discover card. I just let it sit there and build and use it for one lump purchase.

On the PPMC, the extra PayPal step doesn’t really bother me because I use PayPal regularly and I can easily transfer it to me bank account or just use it with my PayPal Cash Card (basically it’s a PayPal debit card that pulls from your PayPal.

Lastly, which card seems to typically have the higher initial CL?

We’re funneling on average around $3800 per month on the Discover card. When the Discover cash match expires after the first year, I’ll be using whichever card I choose to primarily as our everyday card. I’ll still use the Discover for the 5% categories, but I don’t always meet the $75 for $1500 spent per quarter maximum because we don’t buy things we wouldn’t normally buy just because it’s 5% cash back.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 23 of 36
JNA1
Valued Contributor

After doing a little research, I’ve learned of the Synchrony 2% Mastercard. Has anyone here applied and been accepted through the non-invite address below?

https://apply.syf.com/eapply/eapply.action?preScreen=N&clientCode=SYFMC
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:
After doing a little research, I’ve learned of the Synchrony 2% Mastercard. Has anyone here applied and been accepted through the non-invite address below?

https://apply.syf.com/eapply/eapply.action?preScreen=N&clientCode=SYFMC

I don't believe anyone has tried the link yet. Since it's a URL that someone tweaked until they got to the application, it needs a guinea pig. 

Message 25 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

DC and PPMC are excellent imo. The PPMC is great as it has 0 tedemption so its pure flat cash back. No need to hit $25 min like DC. I believe its no FTF and is a simple card to use.

This. Both the DC and PPMC are great all-around daily cards. I personally have the DC, and I have no complaints about Citi's customer service, app, or rewards. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

This. Both the DC and PPMC are great all-around daily cards. I personally have the DC, and I have no complaints about Citi's customer service, app, or rewards. 

If you had the PayPal it would be $10K by now though. 

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

If you had the DC, it would be $40K by now though lol.

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Not me. Citi gave me $1900 on my Rewards+ while Sync gave me $8K on my PayPal. 

I don't have the income to have $40K limits but I was poking fun at Pink.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Not me. Citi gave me $1900 on my Rewards+ while Sync gave me $8K on my PayPal. 

I don't have the income to have $40K limits but I was poking fun at Pink.

I know. There are cards I can't get a high limit while others can, and vise versa.  And there are cards that work for some better than others.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.