coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Best flat rate cash back card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
DC and PPMC are excellent imo. The PPMC is great as it has 0 tedemption so its pure flat cash back. No need to hit $25 min like DC. I believe its no FTF and is a simple card to use.

This. Both the DC and PPMC are great all-around daily cards. I personally have the DC, and I have no complaints about Citi's customer service, app, or rewards. 

If you had the PayPal it would be $10K by now though. 

If you had the DC, it would be $40K by now though lol.

I don't think one would find too many people with a DC @ $40K CL Smiley Indifferent

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

DC and PPMC are excellent imo. The PPMC is great as it has 0 tedemption so its pure flat cash back. No need to hit $25 min like DC. I believe its no FTF and is a simple card to use.

This. Both the DC and PPMC are great all-around daily cards. I personally have the DC, and I have no complaints about Citi's customer service, app, or rewards. 

If you had the DC, it would be $40K by now though lol.

I don't think one would find too many people with a DC @ $40K CL Smiley Indifferent

It's been that way since December 2007. Denied a CLI in January. 

Message 32 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Hush lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Hush lol

Smiley LOL 

I just gotta mess with ya.

Message 34 of 36
zerofire
Valued Contributor

My definition of flat rate is that the amount is rather fixed. None of the cards above have that. The cards above are flat percentage cards.

Here are the best flat rate cards:

Citizens Bank CashSense $0.25 (No longer available)

Citi Rewards+ $0.10 minimum

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 35 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

My definition of flat rate is that the amount is rather fixed. None of the cards above have that. The cards above are flat percentage cards.

Here are the best flat rate cards:

Citizens Bank CashSense $0.25 (No longer available)

Citi Rewards+ $0.10 minimum

I don't think that is the common meaning here!  Rather a flat percentage on all purchases vs different rates for different categories.

The Citizens Bank GreenSense was certainly an interesting model, but hardly one I would recommend (25c per cc purchase if enough debit card purchases were made, with an annual cap).   But Citi Rewards+ is hardly your definition either.   It's a rounded up percentage.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.