Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best flat-rate cashback card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best flat-rate cashback card

I'm looking into a flat rate cashback card to complement my Gold AMEX for other purchases. I prefer VISA, since it's accpeted worlwide and at Costco. I want no foregin transaction fee and a bonus!

Right now the top contender is Penfed Cash Rewars, but I'd like to know if there are any better options.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best flat-rate cashback card

Alliant VS is 3% cash back first year then 2.5 with 59 annual fee. No FTF 59 af though, so need to spend more than 12k to make it worth the fee after first year. Alliant has best checking and savings rate I could find with no min and good products.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Power Cash Rewards and would recommend it, for it to get 2% back though you either have to keep a daily balance of $500 in their Access America Checking account, or be active/retired military. I also have the Costco card too which I actually end up using more than the Power Cash. I use the Costco for gas, Costco, Costco travel and restaurants that don’t take AMEX(hasn’t happened to me yet) then I use my AMEX Gold for every other purchase to accumulate more points.
Message 3 of 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

Well if you are a Costco shopper you can get the Citi Anywhere card.  It will cover the gas at 4% and 3% back at restaurants if they don't take amex.  These are the two cards I always have with me.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 7
creditfan
Established Contributor

https://www.sdfcu.org/credit-cards

another 2% CB card

and you can request chip pin priority too. Good for outside of US

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SDFCU card looks very interesting! 

Is it easy to get approved for it? My credit file is only one year old, even though I have a FICO score of 720-740 across different bureaus. 

Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Maybe BofA Premium if you can qualify for Platinum Honors?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.