Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best move when cxl my Citi Exec WEMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best move when cxl my Citi Exec WEMC?

I plan to close my Citi Exec WEMC before it’s 1 year anniversary in Nov. I’m an AA Exec Plat, but I only fly AA Internationally on business fares. I fly SWA nearly 100% domestically and my two most frequent airports don’t have lounges. When the lounge visits require an AA ticket starting in Nov, the benefits for the huge annual fee will be virtually worthless to me.

My limit is $27,500. Can I transfer to my Simplicity or better yet open a new card now & transfer the limit to the new card before Nov, then cxl card?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Best move when cxl my Citi Exec WEMC?

Supposedly it is possible to move limits around with Citi, but I have never had any luck doing it. I have always just ended up cancelling the card.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Best move when cxl my Citi Exec WEMC?

Typically they require a HP to move limits, and it's usually a hassle to get someone at Citi who even knows it's possible. Totally hit or miss. But it depends if it's worth a HP or not to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.